Pokemon Go

Talae

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 7 candy away from my 3rd gyarados (and first female one)

woo. it is my favorite so i'm happy to get another

That's a lot of candy!

It's odd what can be or not be a Pokestop.  Granted that the demographics of south Florida aren't exactly Pokemon or Ingress friendly but this monastery and Catholic church isn't a stop:

Pokestop1.jpg

That's a pretty bad pic of one of many buildings.  

While this fountain is a Pokestop

Pokestop2.jpg

All pokestops and gyms were taken from Ingress portals (Niantic's first game) and the vast majority of those were submitted by the player base and just approved by Niantic.  (they originally seeded the game with some gov databases, things like post offices and such).  As such there are some really weird locations, often because they were in a useful spot for Ingress and someone found a way to get it approved.  Others that seem obvious might not be in there for a number of reasons: no Ingress player in the area, they took a crappy pic so it wasn't approved, or the oh so popular "it is still in the approval queue".  Niantic quickly ran into the problem that we the players could submit new portals far faster than they could approve/reject them.  They finally shut down approving new portals a while before pokemon go came out.  I have 20 or 30 (or so, I can't remember) portals still waiting to be approved, and I'm sure there are millions of others.  

Niantic has been testing a new high level player vetting system, where they get the level 16 players (the highest level) to approve (ie get the players to do all the hard work).  I haven't been keeping track of how that is going or if it will get rolled out.

Indeed, i could tell the spots were from the previous game. We have 2 locations near a target in town, one is for an elementary school and one is for a church.

The elementary school is now a Chili's, and the church is now a mexican restaurant, but the stops are still titled for the original location

one nice thing is we have a pikachu nest right now.....so many pikachus in party hats, i caught over 15 until i got a good one

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 1

That's a lot of candy!

I got my fifth yesterday...

I work next to a lake. I can grab about half a dozen each day when going out for lunch.

That's a lot of candy!

I got my fifth yesterday...

I work next to a lake. I can grab about half a dozen each day when going out for lunch.

my thrid will be my last, the only reason i got enough for my third one was the magikarp nest and it's a pikachu nest now, so i don't even have enough candy to power up even one of the ones i have xD

Totally jelly. There really are no magikarp near me. I managed one when I was in Japan, and I somehow got two more in the last six months. So, the Tokyo magikarp is the buddy pokemon, and I'm a bit more than halfway to getting enough candies.

I have found a pokestop that gives me dratini 10k eggs. 2 10k eggs from the same stop, both hatched dratinis. 

Another stop in another park gave me 4 gligars in a row, that's how i was clued in that different pokestops give different 10ks, and those 10ks hatch the same thing all the time. So i can farm the dratnini stop as often as i can to get my dragonite that i've been working on for ages

• Like 1

In defence of that fountain pokestop, further exploration has shown that it marks the furthest beach access that I could use to walk to the commercial area with some pokestops.  I also did some exploring in the other direction and eventually there are some stops by a library and rec area.

Also found one of those outdated stops.  Where there was supposed to be a dolphin fountain there was instead some newish condos.

Basically, we are staying at the furthest point from any convenient stops.  At least it leads to some nice long walks and to exploring areas I'd not bother visiting otherwise.

However pokeball stocks are low.

Edited by lowlylowlycook