Pokemon Go

Talae

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like that. So if a population was under a certain amount, then 1-4 person raids would be more common

it just makes me sad ::P: to see 5 legendaries all in the same area, occupying half of the gyms available to me and unable to do them

there used to be a facebook group for pokemon go here, but they switched to discord and began enforcing a mandatory participation. If you were inactive for too long, they kicked you. If you refused to hand over your name, your account name, and your team color, they kicked you.

we liked to be in the facebook group to do a raid now and then when we had the time and it was something we wanted, we don't want to be forced to do things or give out information they don't need to have

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I was listening to a podcast about Japanese video games (the same podcast alerted me to the fact that field research can be deleted) and apparently playing in Tokyo is crazy easy because raid groups form instantly, etc., etc.

So even people playing in NYC or San Fran have someone to be jealous of.

Screenshot taken in July 2016 when I was in the Tokyo area. I think it was Akihabara, but I can't remember. Could have just been another shopping area.

IMG_2260.thumb.PNG.b7d5a85cc3945850060f4dd028c7e571.PNG

Aha! I was right. Even posted it in this same thread.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69738-pokemon-go/&do=findComment&comment=1407392

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Jeez, that screenshot reminds me of what Ingress looks like if you wander near NAIT or the UofA...  Plinking at the UofA is fun in Ingress though, man the frogs get so wound up if you go into one of the main areas and drop a few level 7 resonators, since the range on those is fairly wide, you hit like thirty portals with just one resonator... 

Err, I mean Pokémon.  Yes, Pokémon Go still has a fairly large area in those two places, plus the Parliament area... Not that I've gone to any of those, but my local area has enough if you wander nine blocks or so south... 

11 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

that is a crazy amount of pokestops.

next time i'm on the main road here in town, i'll take a picture. That road is basically where anything pokemon related happens, otherwise you're driving way out of your way into residential neighbor hoods outside the center of town

10 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I walk in three different areas:  

One has cell service and a good smattering of pokestops.

One has cell service but zero pokestops.

One has a few pokestops but really spotty service.  Must be better for people on Verizon or something.

My little corner of suburbia has four stops within walking distance and I scrape by with AT&T barely registering a bar. Two of those stops would be dead ends, as they aren't connected to "our" trail and so I'd have to double back. A third one is only at the end of our normal walking trail, and only if we decided to take a long walk.

If I remember to pull the phone out while shopping, I can get two Starbucks embedded in a Target and a Safeway, plus the fountain out front the grocery store. Work has zero stops around it.

So it's mostly business trips and vacations where I can actually hit a large number of stops and refill with balls. After a month or so, I'm out of balls, and my ability to do things dwindles.

• Like 2

A local friend recently dragged Lady Klarg and me back into the game. I would be honored to connect to call you fine folks friends.

My number: 8810 1347 4281

(My user name will seem very familiar)

I'll see if Lady Klarg wants to upload her number here too.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I want to go out right now for some raids, but my throat and nose are still shot to heckins. :down:

Also @Doug Sundseth - we're sooooo close to best friend level. Top of list, 10 days ahead of my dad, haha. 

5 more days for Cheryl, 11 for you, and 18 for Siri. As long as everybody keeps opening gifts timely. :angry: :poke: I can't send more gifts unless you (broadly construed, not just Cyradis) open the gifts I've already sent.

As further incentive, there's a 100,000XP bonus for becoming Best Friends (and 50K and 10K for the lower levels) and there's XP for every gift you send, too.

Grind my minions friends, grind! ::D:

• Like 4

Sorry!! Been ill and not going out as often ::(: I'll probably start sending other folks stuff first once we hit best friends, unless you need me to keep sending them for distance eggs. Right now you, my dad, my Latin TA from undergrad, and some zombie friends get my first round of gifts. I know I've missed a few batches of sending due to field work, moving, and now being sick. If I go to campus it is pretty easy for me to send several dozen eggs in a day though. Alas.... I'm spewing germs. A few less germs today! My nose isn't dripping like a faucet anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Sorry!! Been ill and not going out as often ::(: I'll probably start sending other folks stuff first once we hit best friends, unless you need me to keep sending them for distance eggs. Right now you, my dad, my Latin TA from undergrad, and some zombie friends get my first round of gifts. I know I've missed a few batches of sending due to field work, moving, and now being sick. If I go to campus it is pretty easy for me to send several dozen eggs in a day though. Alas.... I'm spewing germs. A few less germs today! My nose isn't dripping like a faucet anymore. 

I'm just giving you a hard time. I really don't mind sending gifts and not getting anything back, because the friendship level continues to rise and I still get XP for sending. I'm certainly not needing any more special eggs except for trading. (I have all four region-specific Pokemon from the Kanto region.) And the thrill of trading a Grimer for a Grimer from the other side of the country is starting to wane a bit. :rolleyes:

I'm planning the same thing after Best Friend status unless somebody specifically asks for gifts. (Just let me know if you still want them.)

• Like 3