• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play this game, but my son plays a lot. I think there is nothing wrong with that. Since I have heard that Pokemon Go and other "augmented reality" systems greatly increase the desire of gamers to move and maintain a high level of physical activity. Japanese sociologists write about this in the Journal of Medical Internet Research. I believe that this kind of entertainment can take gamers into the world of sports and physical activity. By the way, on YouTube, you can find videos in which the authors confirm from their experience that the game still affects the increase in physical activity. ... I found a couple of videos on this topic there and noticed that in most cases such videos had almost 78 thousand views. I am sure that in order to achieve such indicators, their authors often buy youtube views in order to quickly increase their number.

Edited by Julio Johnson
  • Like 3

Yeah, I mostly use it to motive me to get out and walk.   I definitely go out in weather that I wouldn't if I had no exterior motivation.

Just be careful.  Any "free to play" game is a slippery slope once you start putting money in.

• Like 1

It isn't a hard physical activity motivator usually, but it does encourage regular longer walks quite well. Precovid the Community Day events were good for running into similar nerds too. 

• Like 2

Yeah - I did enough to get a few shinies and went "good nuf". Not that into Tepig.
I walked the pet lizard to the park, played a bit, went home. Otherwise just casually catching sitting at home.

• Like 2