Tickets now on sale!

Is there a rough ETA of classes being listed.  Trying to decide if I want to come in Wednesday evening or Thursday.

Related question, for a first-time ReaperCon attendee: when on Sunday is the auction? Early afternoon, late afternoon, or...? I'm trying to figure out if my Sunday evening flight is late enough for me to go to the auction.

I would expect the auction to start a little later in the afternoon, say 1 or 2pm, usually takes an hour to an hour and half depending on how much stuff there is. What time is your flight out on Sunday?

• Like 1
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a rough ETA of classes being listed.  Trying to decide if I want to come in Wednesday evening or Thursday.

I'm working with Anne and the Instructors to get that data now.

Related question, for a first-time ReaperCon attendee: when on Sunday is the auction? Early afternoon, late afternoon, or...? I'm trying to figure out if my Sunday evening flight is late enough for me to go to the auction.

As Heisler says, but the Auction tends to wrap up between 3:00 and 4:00. Assume 30-60 minutes travel time (less if you're ready to go, more if you need to get suitcases and give hugs) and you should be at the airport 2 hours before flight for security, delays, etc. I'd estimate if your flight is before 7:00PM, you probably will miss all or part of the Auction.

Update: I've made the cosmetic changes which make the Tickets and food more visible without logging in first. Other improvements are coming. Stay Tuned!

As Heisler says, but the Auction tends to wrap up between 3:00 and 4:00. Assume 30-60 minutes travel time (less if you're ready to go, more if you need to get suitcases and give hugs) and you should be at the airport 2 hours before flight for security, delays, etc. I'd estimate if your flight is before 7:00PM, you probably will miss all or part of the Auction.

Perfect! My flight out isn't until 8:30 PM, so I'm in great shape. Thanks!

• Like 4

Oh yeah. If he runs it like the last two years then it should be over by 4:30...5 at the latest.  I think out of the last two years I attended it was 2014 that drug on a bit due to the collection of Reaperbucks from many people to try and win the paint set.  Last year we had the same battle but it just did not feel quite as hectic and long to get through it.

I look forward to the auction just to see the crazy pooling that goes on.

• Like 3

Oh yeah. If he runs it like the last two years then it should be over by 4:30...5 at the latest.  I think out of the last two years I attended it was 2014 that drug on a bit due to the collection of Reaperbucks from many people to try and win the paint set.  Last year we had the same battle but it just did not feel quite as hectic and long to get through it.

I look forward to the auction just to see the crazy pooling that goes on.

I think I was on the road around 4:30 as I recall.  And I left right when the auction finished.  I know I got a good chunk of drive time in.

I think I was on the road around 4:30 as I recall.  And I left right when the auction finished.  I know I got a good chunk of drive time in.

Yes...you were like a ninja.  We were saying our goodbyes.  I turned with my daughter to say bye to some of the artists and when I looked there was nothing my smoke from your ninja flash bomb you tossed on the ground.

• Like 3

Yes...you were like a ninja.  We were saying our goodbyes.  I turned with my daughter to say bye to some of the artists and when I looked there was nothing my smoke from your ninja flash bomb you tossed on the ground.

I've never been accused of being stealthy!  But 20 hours of driving back needs to get started.  Especially since I wanted to be back Monday night.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.  Perhaps I can win another paint set to pass around!

• Like 4

I want to be at Harreks table this time.

After two years of going to the banquets I must say we do have one of the luckiest tables.  Multiple raffle wins both times.  He won the Heavy Metal paint set at the banquet which he let the table round robin until it was gone and then another paint set (forgot which) before the auction started and he gave most of those to my daughter.  Last year was a good year for adding to the paint collection. :)

• Like 5

This also helps me decide if I want to leave on Sunday or Monday.

Since I fly international, it'll take extra time at the airport, and the only flight for my destination require overnight layovers in several airports.

So I'll leave on Monday and not have to suffer 16+ hour of travel time without counting initial the airport waiting.

• Like 2

Since I fly international, it'll take extra time at the airport, and the only flight for my destination require overnight layovers in several airports.

So I'll leave on Monday and not have to suffer 16+ hour of travel time without counting initial the airport waiting.

Gah!

I thought the flight had from Boise to Minneapolis to DFW was bad, that is far worse.

I gave thought on the leaving Sunday this year (first time) but in the end I like gettin together one last time with a bunch of friends for a nice dinner out before parting ways with everyone. Good times, as has been & always will.

• Like 3

Gah!

I thought the flight had from Boise to Minneapolis to DFW was bad, that is far worse.

I gave thought on the leaving Sunday this year (first time) but in the end I like gettin together one last time with a bunch of friends for a nice dinner out before parting ways with everyone. Good times, as has been & always will.

Yeah the dinner Sunday night is one of my favorite RCon traditions.

Edited by Humansquish

Gah!

I know, right?

This is why I've learned to love to plan my travels with Google Flights. I find it's much quicker than all of the other travel comparison sites, less cluttered, easier to manage options, AND it gives me the estimated travel time and layover times for the flights.

I often see flights that are cheaper, but with travel times demanding ridiculous amounts of waiting.

So I'm booking for a Monday flight and 8.5 hours of travel.

• Like 3