Started yesterday to make a beholder.

Wanted to make step-by-step photos, but couldn't find the phone. Which was all the time in my pant pocket. :-)

(Edit: Here are Step-By-Step pictures. Post1 and Post2)

It is better as I hoped for. If it is completed, I plan to do 2 more, hopefully this time with step-by-step photos.

Also doing a really big one with more than 10 eye-stalks.

Also a young version with less eye-stalks. I like the idea that it get more an more while getting older.

For the young version I need a nude female goblin. (NUDE CONTENT!!!)

If someone knows a cool miniature version, post it please! :-) It should not be taller than a dwarf.

So here first pictures. Looks like a electrocuted beholder. :-)

uik7yqq5.jpg
8velcdzm.jpg
t5yuwmjd.jpg
gpu7flgz.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 11
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always wanted to sculpt my own beholder, just never got around to it yet. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

You might want to google Crocodile Games Bathtime for Bubbles (nsfw) they also have a sprue of just bubbles and her duckie. I think shes a dark elf though not a goblin, but with t he right color of skin...

I would love it if I could do the end of the eyestalks like >>TaleSpinner<< did it. But I'm not sure if I can do it. Or I do eye lids like >>Tosek<< did it. Which looks also very good!

But TaleSpinners version makes it possible to handle small objects, what I reall like. Ok, his telekinetic eye stalk could to the same. Only that he can't have his big eye opened if he do it in his front side.

Here you can see a size comparison with a Zombicide: Black Plague mini:

w23agrkl.jpg

I used a ~2cm wooden ball for the main body. I have also a ~3.5cm ball which I would like to use for the great mother later.

3ehza7k8.jpg

I made for the Beholder a long tongue to catch a rat on the floor. Or something else doing with the tongue if I get the right idea. :-)

The rat is normally dark grey. But colors are not important in the moment...

In the moment I plan to change the tongue a little bit. Give it 4 finger grippers which are opened to take the rat. Eventually I will shorten the tongue a little bit.

4xjsflt6.jpg

Or I do not change the eye stalks, and let it like on the front cover of the AD&D 2nd MC. This is also the version of the beholder I like most. I'm thinking about painting him mostly like this version:

MC1_TSR2102_Monstrous_Compendium_Vol_I.j

• Like 5

Still looking for a nude goblin. :-)

The bathing elf from Crocodile Games is cool. Checked if I can get it in Germany or EU, but found no dealer.

I think I will do not make eyelids for the stalks. I need to change the mouth cavity a little bit and close the hole in the back. After gluing everything together I will prime it.

I hope I do not forget in the morning to get resistors. I plan to make out of them butterflies.

j3gol6pc.jpg
cfu2w8gb.jpg
y2z2mdpg.jpg
uxh4cu9a.jpg
ruex34mz.jpg

• Like 6

I'm looking in the moment for old 25mm from Ral Partha or other companies. I found for example:

(nude content!!!:) >>Children of the Night range: 13-007 Victims or 13-008 Vampire Lord Set<<

13-007 minis are still available from Iron Wind Metals. IWM wants $20 shipping. Sadly I do not know a dealer in Europe who sell them. I will search today a little bit, also on ebay.

I'm thinking of getting one of the females with the bath towel. I fear the scene I will do would be..., some would say infantile. :-)

• Like 2

I'm looking in the moment for old 25mm from Ral Partha or other companies. I found for example:

(nude content!!!:) >>Children of the Night range: 13-007 Victims or 13-008 Vampire Lord Set<<

13-007 minis are still available from Iron Wind Metals. IWM wants $20 shipping. Sadly I do not know a dealer in Europe who sell them. I will search today a little bit, also on ebay.

I'm thinking of getting one of the females with the bath towel. I fear the scene I will do would be..., some would say infantile. :-)

Ral Partha Europe does have the Slaver and slave girls, they are nude, and a towel is easily sculpted.

Hasslefree also got some nude girls.

So if you can't find the victims maybe these could help you out.

• Like 1

I tried to put the pictures in a order into a step-by-step-like guide.

I put a small metal ball in the hole of the wooden ball. It was in the center, so for further steps, I hold the ball more like in the third picture. So it is little higher.

wuvb6hqz.jpg]

The left one could be the ball for the Great Mother. The left one is normal adult beholder size. I'm not sure if I will do the Great Mother.

lwgdrl47.jpg

First steps making the face. The alu-foil-ball will be a young beholder with only four eye-stalks.

The adult Beholder is in truth Beholder 2 (B1), not the first (B1) I made.

xgno94gf.jpg

Sadly little blurry, further step to form the B2 and y.B. face. Also the next few pictures.

hhjwv9lt.jpg

2frsnkg2.jpg

c79rcelf.jpg

whg3d77s.jpg

43n37yq3.jpg

B2 get teeth.

wukhc82e.jpgzf9nieex.jpg

kkjkx8cp.jpg

v47xcv24.jpg

To show the differences in size of these 2 beholders

4mmgqgpz.jpg

Also y.B get milk teeth. :-)