Sign in to follow this  
vulture

77008: Garrick the Bold (weapon swap) - Paint-and-take

Hi all,

I finally have a functional camera (on a phone, but still), So Im going to open the vaults on my collection over the next few days and share some things that have not seen the light of day. I figured Id start with the essential Sir Forscale! I've been meaning to get a copy for years, so when I saw he was available at the Paizocon paint-and-take he was the natural choice. I had a blast meeting some forum folks in person and shaking hands with the reaper con crew.

I finished most of this mini that day, and the following night I fashioned up a proper base and swapped the bones sword for a nice blade from one of the weapon packs. I'm not exactly breaking new ground here, but I'm sure Ill remember this speedpaint fondly for years.

post-8405-0-06797200-1468214140.jpg

Now I have a proper Sir Forscale for future projects!

Edited by vulture
  • Like 20

Fine paintwork, and you'd never know his weapon wasn't standard equipment.

Awesome work.

• Like 1

Thanks peeps!

I, too, like the blue. Dragon blue msp, with some mixed highlights, i believe.

I'm very particular about my basing, and over the years distinct themes have formed in my collection. Most of my good aligned humans and demihumans  (anyone "from town") have a similar motif.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      For the last three years, I've gotten to attend Origins in Ohio, and have really loved doing the Reaper Speedpaint (and even won last year). I was hoping to go and participate in the Speedpaint again this year, but I was going through the Origins 2019 event schedule and didn't see a single entry from Reaper. Is Reaper not going to be at Origins this year, or at least not hosting any events?
    • By Rigel
      Couldn't resist a Bombshell sale, and I've had my eye on Gillie here for a while. 

Now, I'd already gotten into a Hellboy figure (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85925-heckfella-wwwoz-lion-80058-and-rafm-hells-harbinger-raf03897/), so the next part was probably inevitable. This fishy gal is going to be a distaff counterpart to Abe Sapien. (Langdon Everett Colleen?)
      Recent posts by @Glitterwolf (loongs and ki-rin) are changing my mind on techniques, so while it is well-established that I love shiny metallic fish-people, I put on some matte layers first. 

And then drybrushing with metallic teals and pale blues. 
      Next up: Freehanding some fishy stripes. 

And a bit more dark blue and green wash plus some more metallic drybrushing and detailing, followed by a thin layer of 'Ardcoat. Whole process took under two hours. Room for improvement, but a good start!

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      While waiting for washes to dry on an exchange fig this morning, I decided I'd try getting a decent paint job onto a fig I pulled out of the latest BoGW that @robinh let me browse through last week.
      I pulled this fig because I thought it would work well as an evil mage type in the Savage Rifts setting.  But I didn't think I'd use it for the current game, as the last encounter is tonight, before we switch over to 5th Ed for a while.
      But what the heck, I'm going to see what I can do with him anyway.

Here's about 40 minutes of base coating. Robes/gloves will be dark red, tassley cloak thing will be purpley greys.  Lots of metals.

Anyone able to identify him?  GW?  Warzone maybe? (Identified below.....)

• By Sylverthorne
      Sooo .... who else is going to Paizocon?
      That's .. erm, May 25th to 28th - so I might be a bit late asking for some of you. ^^;

I know Mr. Thorne and I will be there. Don't know what all we'll be doing exactly, but I know we'll be there.
    • By GodOfCheese
      I speed-painted this guy for an upcoming encounter because I was surprised not to have a dwarf miniature with a hammer. I really like how he came out, and how the encounter went down. So yay!

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 98 Guests (See full list)