Sign in to follow this  
vulture

03063: Gargoyle

FANTASTIC! The rock effect is OUTSTANDING & the eyes give a WONDERFULLY horrific look to the piece. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

• Like 1

Very nice! I really like what you've done with the green mossy weathering.

I agree; great job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      I needed a nothic so I made one! I used the mortar gargoyle, cut off the wings, used paperclips and greenstuff to make the spikes, and greenstuff to redo his face and eye. He's a little goofy looking but I kind of like him! Maybe we'll get a real nothic in Bones 5!

• By Clearman
      Abyssal Dwarf Gargoyle painted to the studio color scheme.

Slight improvement in picture quality.  C&C welcome.

• By Chaoswolf
      I had mixed up a unique shade of gray paint for another figure I'm working on, and had a fair bit left over. Not wanting to waste it, I dug this out of storage and slapped it on him. I think it took me about an hour and a half to finish him up.

The base color is pretty close to the same color as the figure; this is intentional. I wanted to get kind of a camouflage effect with it.

The figure has a loincloth sculpted on, which I found kind of funny. Why  would a gargoyle need a loincloth, are they anatomically correct?

My mind works in strange ways sometimes...

Anyway, here's the pics, please let me know what you think.

• By Maledrakh
      As has been a theme this year, the minis I manage to paint will all count towards the resolutionary challenge. As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread.

Finishing up units...here is the Mantic Kings of War Gargolyes. 5 of them, including the one I painted a few weeks or so ago, rebased to the standard 25mm square. For some reason I thought they had 20mm bases. At least with the 25mm base, they don't keep tipping over all the time.

As these are female, and do not wear any clothing as such, here is a link to the picture.

And it turns out there should have been 10 of them to make up a full troop, which seems to be the only quantity in the army lists these days. But seeing as they are utterly horrible to rank up because of wings everywhere, I will simply use these 5 on a large enough movement tray to represent the unit.
      At least until I get round to prepping some more from the boxes of unbuilt mantic models I have from their many Kickstarters. I think I have a few more in there.

25mm bases. Restic.
    • By Marsya
      Finally got some photos of my speed paints at Gen Con. As some of my fellow con goers already posted a few great speed paints you may know the rules. 45 minutes, limited paint and two brushes that are used and abused at the Con. Although this year and last you also get a brush from games and gears that you may use at each speed paint, but somehow I either lose it or leave it at the hotel and never remember to bring it back.

Anyway here are my two which also will count for the RPChallenge.
      My Dark Sword speed paint Mab - Queen of the Fairies

And a quick poorly lit photo of all the lovely ladies.

And Impact's Chibi Gargoyle

Each will stay as they are and be placed on my shelf with previous speed paints. Both surprisingly scored 2nd place but no final round for me as I was leaving too early on Sunday to attend. During both speed paints everyone painted quite well and produced some pretty minis in just 45 mins.
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)