• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      The City Watch. Charged with lantern and truncheon to keep the peace and vigilantly guard against threats thereunto. Again, I'm a sucker for the buckled slouch hats and the shoulder-draping collar.

Midlam's Halflings again, featuring Kate Redhanded:

more angles:

...and Clubbo Drubbins. Can't say I did such a good job on his lighting as on Kate's, but can for sure say I've done worse. 

Bringing light into dark places:

"Halt! Who goes there!"

And a whole crowd of citizens ready to deal with thieves, spies, monsters, witches, or rat-men. 

(Guest appearances by Abram Duskwalker and Mira, Damaris Duskwarden, Sheriff Drumfasser, and the Gravedigger.)
    • By Rigel
      Let's meet Will Chandler, Midlam's halfling candlestick-maker. (Strictly I think a candlestick maker is a silversmith or pewtersmith rather than a chandler, but I don't work for Midlam and this sculpt is too good and evocative to complain!) So much character on display. This one is an exercise in OSL, having no fewer than four light sources, and I can't pretend to have done it much justice with painting; those candle stubs are tiny. Am happy with the lighting on one or two pictures though!

An uncanny encounter after dark:

With a few other citizens
    • By R2ED
      Someone say painting weekend?

Got another one in, but sadly it's not one of the Reapers.  I purchased a cool, little Hobbit a few weeks back and the printer sent me this one that was a bad mold, but I ended up making something out of it.  What looks wrong with it you ask?  Well, for one, the details got a little sloppy.  The barrel he's on got halved in printing, his face looks like he's a stroke survivor - his left side of his face is sloped big time. I tried correcting it in the painting, but it's pretty noticiable.  There's some big gaps between the hobbit and the barrel.  Oh well - it made for a good color study.

I stuck to Orange Brown, Chocolate Brown, Light Sand, Yellow, GW Nuln Oil, GW Agrax Earthshade, Stone Grey, Fair Skin, Fair Shadow, Flat Brown.  If it's not clear already - the goal was browns.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * I think the shirt in that orange/cream cuffs came out pretty decent.  Went over it with a wash and brought more depth to the lines with brown diluted.  Win.
      *  Face was a mess, but considering how sloped it was, I think it wasn't too bad.
      *  Mug foam isn't terrible.  Isn't great, but first time doing foam.
      *  Barrel colors look dark and separated from the other tones.

Misses:
      * Eyes on this one were such a pain!  Big miss.
      *  Lips look like he's about dead with how much he's drunk.  I couldn't go in to give them a more natural color after a few tries I just gave in because the paint was layering up and was going to distort the look further.
      *  Mug wasn't my favorite.  I got into it a bit, but lost the momentum to finish the rings around the mug.  It also hit me after I was cleaning up that this was a tankard with a top with foam flowing out, not just a foam overflow.  May need to go back to fix that.  Boo.
      *  Hair was better than I have done on some of the others.  I made it with a 3 color setup, but it still looks...washed out.  At least it has depth and better than before, but still hate doing hair.

Without further excuses - here's Pippin sippin' and slippin with his foamy mug drippin.  

Always good for feedback if you've got any to give.

• By R2ED
      Trying something a little different this time.  I've got a friend who loves JRR Tolkein and I thought he'd really appreciate a little diorama.  Since I have to ship this, I need it small and durable.  

Now, I get it that Bilbo's sword Sting glows bright when Goblins are near, but let's just say for this story it's glowing because danger is close.  I have him in the stone henge area with a Wraith King coming around the bend.  Let's just say this is about to get real...

Starting this on some foam board.  I was going to use some chip board, but didn't want the glue and stuff I'd be using for the base to get soaked in and bend.  

Using the extruded foam core for the stones.  Carving them down was pretty fun.  I'm thinking I might add some runes or something into them.  I haven't primed them yet, so I still have time.  

The ground terrain is kind of fun - I used spackle, glue, sand, and some burnt umber paint.  I'll do some grass and floral additions to it. You can see on one of the pillars that I used a different mix to surround the stone.  That was the filler without the paint added.  

For the circles, I'll be leaving those open to put the minis into and can be taken out on their own.  I'll be basing them to match the surrounding area, but Iike the idea of taking them out of the diorama when wanted.

Open for any and all suggestions here.  We're still far from done.  

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)