Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Dagmar of the Shield, Red Box Games

Oooooo Sweet! I tell you what, that base brings it all together. Well done! I can feel him lifting his sword, yelling and pulling it down on his enemies. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments!

Oooooo Sweet! I tell you what, that base brings it all together. Well done! I can feel him lifting his sword, yelling and pulling it down on his enemies. 

I'm pretty sure "he" is a she :)

Nice looking paint job on this small mini.

Thanks, but she's actually not that small. She's on the larger side of RBG so she fits right in with Reaper Minis for example.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChanSeal
      "Bliss"
      Needed a civilian type for a game, and this was the best I find in my lead mountain.
      Dunno why, but I keep seeing him as one of those beer-making monks carrying a keg on his back.
      So I painted him as one who just "sampled" the merchandise and really liked the sample.
      The nose and cheeks were more "ruddy" IRL but doesn't show up well in the pictures.
      There is a lightish line at the top of the belly where I tried to repair the paint job after accidently flicking some dark wash on it.
      The line isn't really visible IRL but clearly seen in the pictures.

Thanks for looking.

*Edit
      And if something looked odd with my montage, it's because the second picture got flipped when I was joining the four of them together. Just noticed this.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I recently had the pleasure of realizing that I inadvertently bought the same Gnoll model twice. So, I decided to convert two of them to create a little variety in my hunting party. Read the text under each picture to have more detail. This post was purposely written as a guide for any who would like to try their hands at converting Reaper Bones model or any other models.

I used two 77236 Bloodmane the Gnoll Warrior sculpted by Tre Manor, 77235 Toghra the Gnoll Leader sculpted by Jason Wiebe and 14056 Weapon Pack 1 sculpted by Tim Kaufman.

I first separated the dagger handle from the body. Just a simple notch did the trick.

I then cut the trunk along the belt.

Again, on the other side of the model, I cut the body following the belt as a guide.

I have this hollow feeling in my stomach...

Same thing for Toghra, cut the body along the belt line.

I drilled a hole in Toghra’s lower section and cut a small nail to pin the two parts together.

I drilled a hole in Bloodmane’s upper body section and tested the pin in.

I glued the pin in the leg part. I’m using Gorilla Super Glue.

I then removed the handaxe cutting the handle just above the fist. I keep it for later use.

The tricky part is to drill a hole in straight line through the fist. I had to use a small drill bit, smaller than the new weapon handle not to tear the plastic.

I used a slightly bigger drill bit to get the hole a little larger.

After cleaning the mold line on the new weapon, I cut the handle in halves in order to keep the pommel intact.

I had to use a file to reduce the diameter of the handle.

Also, I removed two spikes from the shield to alter its aspect from the one the other Gnoll Worrior is wearing.

Finally, I’m using a piece of wooden stick to adjust the posture of the model on its base.

I often use this simple trick to level my models. I use super glue to fix the parts together.

I’m using 40mm round base for the Gnoll. These models are large and even if there in game space size is 25mm, I personally prefer larger base to have more room for decoration.

That’s it, I’ll need to fill the gap above the belt and along the shoulder.

I’ll also be using Greenstuff to fill the gap and complete the base before cleaning everything with soft soap and water prior to painting.

I added some notches on the cutting edge of the original Gnoll’s plastic axe. I’ll be using it as a battlefield wreck weapon to decorate the base.

• By viking_hank
      WIP. Two things, first I couldn’t resist. Second I can’t believe I am the only one to do this. 

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead.
      This thread will be dedicated to all the beautiful female vampires/necromancers/ghosts and apparitions.
      I will also include all my Sophie minis..

Here are the girls I have painted before to show what this is all about, soon more Undead / Evil Sisters will follow.

EDIT - Changed the Name of the thread from the Alluring Death to Ladies of Death since not all are actually Undead.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)