Sign in to follow this  
HornedTurtle

5E Modern

So I'm thinking about trying to use the 5e rules for a more modern/no magic setting, that will eventually have some magic/alien tech elements.  I'm just wondering how to prune back the classes and stuff to a no magic setting.  Fighters and Rogues should work for the most part.  Might needs something for people who want to play an intelligent character with lots of skills.  the skill list would also need updated to include things like computer use, or would computers and cell phones be tools?  Definitely need to include the modern weaponry, although maybe not have everyone be automatically proficient.  I know one of the play test supplements had things for modern clerics and warlocks.

I did a search and found this https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Byx44op3KqQ2flhIV1pKSzRIbFBtbjk4T0xOTlNzVi0yTEpRREV4ZnZCNjJWd25GOFR5VW8&usp=sharing

It looks like a 5th edition conversion of d20 modern. I liked d20 modern but couldnt get anyone to play...

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1

I did a search and found this https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Byx44op3KqQ2flhIV1pKSzRIbFBtbjk4T0xOTlNzVi0yTEpRREV4ZnZCNjJWd25GOFR5VW8&usp=sharing

It looks like a 5th edition conversion of d20 modern. I liked d20 modern but couldnt get anyone to play...

This is awesome!  And pretty much exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks :;):

Those are very cool.  Thanks.

ADD got the better of me, and I decided that is was too much trouble to download each file individually.  Have to do that some day, though.  Be nice to have a complied download in the root directory, but that is me being lazy / ADD, I admit.

• Like 1

Finally downloaded and sorted this all (if you want a cleaned up copy in Word, just PM me with an email address).

What he did with the Advanced Classes is genius.  I was trying to convert it to a new class for multi-classing, but actually throwing it into the core class is excellent - pick an advanced class at 3rd level (no restrictions) and then the advanced class adds to your normal level progression.  Very elegant solution.

• Like 1

So I've run 2 sessions using these modern rules and they seem to work alright, although the characters are only level 1-2 at the moment.  First level seems to be just as swingy as normal, especially with pistols doing as much damage as a great sword.  We will have to see how higher levels balance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know of a module or resource that has a pre made undersea city or palace?  One of my group paying saltmarsh took up the sea elf Prince when his character drowned  and then promised the support of his city.  Now the party wants to visit the city and negotiate for those resources.  I want them to have a good time and have at least the trappings of a city around them but I don't want to build and populate an entire city in a week or 2 for a 1 week adventure that could, potentially become a rerunning resource but might not.

Does anyone know of a module or supplement for an Atlantis or similar city below the waves?
    • By EvilJames
      I painted this guy up for D&D to be my Warlock. Sadly it may be some time before he fills that role again. Photos still look a bit washed out. :( The Base should look like floorboards and they do in person.
    • By Ducknuck84
      From the Mid 2000's attempt to revive the D&D Chainmail come this Battered Troll Skeleton which was the biggest mini in the Ahumut's Legion Faction box. He has been sitting unpainted for many years as I  have found with many of the minis the D&D produced at the time they where a pain to assemble. In his case the full arm and no peg or post and his skull with a bit of the neck was its own part with a minuscule peg and post that did not fit right and would never be able to support the weight of the head. also with the base you had to hand cut the slot that you would tab him into which is the only time i have ever seen that on a mini base. So finally after adding metal post to his parts and getting him on a base I sat down and painted him.
      He is your basic skeleton but I do like the little additions on the mini such as the splint holding the leg together and the leather wrap with a nail holding the arm in place  as well as the plate bolted on to the chest. It give the mini a bit more character. After finishing him i wanted to work on basing which is a part of the process i tend to neglect so tryed my had at some mud texture paint and still trying to get decent at using static grass and tufts. think it turned out alright but can always use more practice.
      Also interestingly enough he is about the same size as the  77004 Cave Troll. So its like a before and after diet pic

• By Thrym
      Hellborn Troll
      from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures

I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials.  Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).

I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly.   I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.

It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough.  It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine.  It's glossy like inks.

Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.

Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.

I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye.  It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.

I am quite happy with him so far.  

Stay tuned and Enjoy!
    • By vutpakdi
      Traveling Encounters volume 1
      Compelling 5th Edition Challenges For CR1 to CR5

This small project is to fund a collection of little encounters that can be dropped into an existing adventure for low level adventurers.  I backed his previous project for alternate character backgrounds, and he delivered the PDFs early.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)