Man... you had to spoil her for me...

I have not one, but TWO of that mini. One that is almost ready to be primed and painted, and one I've set aside for painting in a year or two...

Now I'll probably mess her up completely, trying to match your level.

I haven't seen many horns that are brown naturally, but thne again, this is fantasy, so no problem there.

Smooth blue skin, too.

The green vest is kind of... bland?

(Just my opinion, of course)

• Like 1

Thanks for the C&C's.  I agree the eyes are one of the weakest points, but like I said in the original post, I like to see if it's "just me" or not.  I intentionally did them all black, but they still got rough around the edges.  The green in the vest was the second thing I wasn't as happy about once I saw the photo.  I feel like it looks better in person, but it definitely made my list of things I coulda done better.

Edited by Matbar

Nope.  Because I wanted to do an exotic tone, I used the same technique I've been using to do highlights and shading anywhere.  I try to lay down a basecoat that is somewhere in the middle, then do thin layers of glazes& washes until I get it close, then shading and highlighting back and forth until I like it.  I've not ever been able to master the method of starting all the way dark or light and working to the other end.  I suspect it's lack of experience because I just don't have the time to do really regular painting :-)  

• Like 1

The leaves are paper birch seeds that I bought in a three-pack with different color combinations online.  I can't for the life of me remember which company because there are several I visit and browse sale stuff to pick up bases or basing materials cheaply.  We can't link to retail sites here anyway, but if you are unable to search online and find them, I'll see if I have any part of the package at home that tells me something useful.

FANTASTIC...aptly enough! She is a LOVELY creation BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

Have FUN gaming with the Girl!

• Like 1