• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the kickstarter page
-------------------------------------------------------------
About this project
d07a2a253584fefd8a3812870055de96_originaThe Hobby Transporter

Only a short time ago, I invested in a laser cutter to start working on designs for gaming items like tokens and terrain for various tabletop miniatures games.  While starting up this enterprise, I put out feelers and questions to local groups about what they'd like to see made that isn't already out there in the Australian market.

As part of this research, I approached several local professional miniature painters. The need for a case in the Australian market to allow hobbyists to transport their lovingly painted miniatures and tools to events, which would also be suitable for travel on planes as carry on luggage, came up.  So with their input, the result is the "Hobby Transporter".

992f30321f871a77b30975a6b83e7ec7_originaOpen case with tray and shelves

b975897ef3375771e1de13c6e3ff7dd2_originaView of The Hobby Transporter while closed

The case is designed to allow for at least two shelves to be placed inside the case. There are guides varying levels to help account for the varying height of the wide range of miniatures available on the market. You can of course use a single shelf in the lower guides for particularly large models.

264fb1534724de276433f1325b31e150_originaStorage tray

The case also includes a tray which sits on top of the shelving guides for you to store you hobby gear (paints, brushes, dice etc).

The case itself measures approximately 35 cm wide, 23 cm deep and 21.5 cm tall (excluding the handle and latches, so a little bit longer in each dimension).  The case interior is approximately 19 cm tall, with around 13.5 cm usable height from the lowest shelf guide to the bottom of the tray if you use it.  It is roughly 33 cm wide and 21cm deep on the interior.

These measurements were used to take into account carry on allowances for plane travel.  This is because Australia is a big place and hobbyists here travel on plane frequently, but it also caters to international travel and the vast majority of domestic airlines across the globe.  As such, I've asked the manufacturer to ensure the combination locks on the case are TSA approved for travel within the United States.

-----------------------------------------------------

Cases are AU$100 each (approx US$76 )

Shipping is a flat AU$30 to Australia, New Zealand, US, EU and Canada

Edited by ratsmitglied
  • Like 1

Would probably be too expensive to ship it across the world to Norway, so I'm out.

Incidentally, he needs to design a 'partial' shelf with a large cut-out to fit around a large mini on the bottom shelf.

As Ron said its very similar to the Tablewar case design you might look into those cases. I have a Tablewar case I have been using for about two years now and I love it. I have the small one designed to fit underneath an airline seat.

Don't need one...

For airline travel, I'll fill paint in 2ml test tubes and keep with my toiletries, pack the brushes in a plastic tube, and the minis I'm painting in an Oathsworn box.

For travel elsewhere I have a car that hold 3 cubic metre of luggage...

My paint storage is portable, tools go in a toolbox, most minis are in tackle boxes.

I'm all set.

So, while I would like to have a nice transport case, I don't need one, and currently won't spend the money on one when there are so many beautiful minis out there that I've yet to buy.

For people taking them to cons, to gaming event and so on, yeah, I can see the use, there.

Looks like it's $30 AUD to ship anywhere in the world per case, current exchange rates:

$1 USD to $1.32 AUD

£1 GPB to $1.74 AUD

€1 Euro to $1.46 AUD

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

So essentially the Table War case but it has a hobby tray insert also available?

Not even that as the Tableware comes with a drawer as well.

So then more expensive for the same size product it looks like.  It does look good, but not seeing any improvement at all.

So essentially the Table War case but it has a hobby tray insert also available?

Not even that as the Tableware comes with a drawer as well.

So then more expensive for the same size product it looks like.  It does look good, but not seeing any improvement at all.

Tablewar "mini" case is $85 USD + shipping, this one is $90 AUD (EB) or $100 AUD (normal) + $30 AUD Shipping = $120AUD ($91.05 USD) or $130 AUD ($98.63 USD)

So for US it's still comparable in price if not a bit less when shipping is added in for the Tablewar case. ALSO tablewar cases don't come with all the inserts as I found out at the LVO when I purchased mine. I wanted the metal inserts and they were $9 each to go on the display boards. 

ETA: I have no horse in the race as I already have my tablewar case, which is great, but just pointing out the total costs of each to give an equal comparison. ::D:

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cranky Dog
      I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.

Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)

What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.

Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description

Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.

I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigchildcreatives/echoes-of-camelot-arthurian-legends

Story
      Echoes of Camelot: Arthurian Legends is a project that will expand our 75mm resin miniature range with new and exciting models based on the Matter of Britan, particularly around the figure of King Arthur and his Knights. We have many cool surprises prepared should you help us bring this dream to life.
      These miniatures have been sculpted and painted here at the Big Child Creatives studio with the collaboration of some of the most talented miniature artists out there. And what is more, they will be manufactured by our own talented team of resin casting experts. This allows us to monitor the process closely to ensure the best quality in the market and a timely delivery.
      We have learned a lot from our previous campaigns, and we want to put all this experience to good use, repeating everything we did right, improving upon it, and correcting our past mistakes. We invite you to join us in this journey of discovery throughout the Matter of Britain and its amazing cast of unique characters.
      This campaign is a journey of discovery, full of surprises such as custom bits to make your miniatures even more striking than they already are. Some of these kits will be Kickstarter exclusive, so those of you who choose to support us will be able to proudly show it through unique miniatures, even more full of life and character than our regular releases.

Painted by Ruben Martinez "RMA" Painted by Marc Masclans Painted by Arnau Lazaro
    • By GamerPrincess
      OMG!  Jason Weibe helped create the new Dwarven line being released on Kickstarter by Tomb Guardians!  These minis look so cool and they are cheap!  I haven't seen anyone post about this yet but here is the link.  It starts tomorrow morning.  They also said Bobby Jackson and Gene Van Horne created there monsters in the set.  Cant wait.   I purchased there Amazons and they were fantastic!  I posted some pics.  Im assuming the Fire Demon and add ons are in Resin.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/28mm-fantasy-dwarven-miniature-collection-ii/edit/preview

Gamerprincess

• By Gadgetman!
      A huge 2 for 1 KS!  
      (You get BOTH Humans and Halflings in one project! )
      Bloody Peasants! by Midlam Miniatures — Kickstarter

Story
      "Oh no!  It's an armed agrarian uprising!"
      Toiling in the fields for their feudal overlords, the peasants are equally quick to turn their tools to defending their lands from monstrous invaders or, when pressed to the limit, revolting and overturning cruel and greedy landowners.
      Bloody Peasants!
      A selection of human and halfling farmers in 28mm scale miniatures for all of your fantasy games.
      You can choose from humans, halflings or both!
      The Humans
      A familiar sight in the villages surrounding Midlam.
      The Halflings
      A smaller folk, doing the same jobs as the longshanks.

It's a Midlam project, so you know what that means;
      Maybe a stretch goal, very possibly an early fulfillment, and absolutely no nonsense. 

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)