Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Mauser Earth, War for Paris Skirmish Game Kickstarter (Wonderland Projects)

Mauser Earth takes place in a Diesel-punk uchronic universe.
The location, France in the year 1938 where WWI is still ongoing, but where the rules of war have changed!
There are no longer men who walks battlefields, but robots and hybrids. But the most brutal battle of this war take place in the bloody streets of Paris.
The Railroad World Company has taken control of every corner of the country, and Paris has become the very nerve center of the company. Strong leaders are fighting for Paris as it is a highly important strategic point in the war. The conflict escalates to a point of no return. A horrific toxic gas that now unfortunately covers the whole of France.
To be able to survive, cities have developed sophisticated "domes" to make cover from the gas, and Paris is no exception! As a result of these “domesâ€, the city of Paris has been separated into different independent districts.

Mauser Earth is a 1:35 (50mm) miniatures game in a dieselpunk universe.
All the miniatures will have their own character cards. They have been sculpted by some of the best sculptor! (JAG, Allan Carasco, Patrick Masson, Stephane N'Guyen, Stephane Camosseto, Arnaud Bellier...).

This campaign will allow us to produce all the content of the starters (box, mini rulebook, characters cards and resin cast). It will also allow us to produce few new miniatures to have a complete starter for the Pacific Empire!

Each starter contain 3 or 4 miniatures and their plastic bases, their characters cards and a mini rulebook.

46ee783bc84169e6c3b10f6189364bb4_origina
30de08c4a8198a346ac035891d40c7cd_origina
c39d982d437f8d17b202a4a041dfbce0_origina

3e23cbe51f5ce138df9629a2bd9358db_origina
Scale comparison with other range
ab0dd5891dc8ae04c1c5cf5908e9095f_origina
Scale comparison with other range 

• Like 1

Wonderlands Project, with their disaster Shark Day Miniature over at indiegogo, is a red flag for me. If someone feels like backing this project, go and read up how they have handled that IGG project and factor that into any decision.

was the issue there retail sales of the second batch before the KS backers had their signed/numbered stuff ? (I could understand and forgive that since it was a flexible campaign that didn't hit the funding target so extra cash may have been needed)

or flat non delivery for some backers (not acceptable in any way) ?

I can't tell from the open posts on the indiegogo

(I've never has issues with direct orders from them personally)

Even with a flexible funding, they still raised over €2,200 or roughly 70% of the goal (which, honestly, should be enough to pay for the sculptor). Then they made a lot of BS about not getting a bank loan (seriously, a bank loan €1000? anyone would get a loan on such small amount without any security/deposit), and that all of a sudden there was quite the increase of shipping cost but if they reformed their company into something else, they would be getting cheaper shipping, etc. It appeared like their entire campaign was badly organized and badly planned. So there were delays upon delays. Then they shipped out the casts to retails before the backers, and on top of that, they significantly dropped the cost of the miniature from €52 / piece to €40 / piece, which to me indicates that they went into the IGG campaign with an inflated price that would add a lot of profit / piece. There was also quite a long radio silence from them on their IGG page. And furthermore then there were more delays and people claiming not receiving their pledges, or receiving them very late (12+ months).

I am not saying that they will mishandle this current KS, but how they handled the shark day project with little disregard for their backers, I cant help but to personally feel a bit hesitant of joining. Hopefully, someone here can share some more positive experiences about their previous projects to balance everything out. :)

• Like 1

I'm having a rethink on this. I visited their website to checkout pics of the Mauser earth minis and realised that this was the same company I had backed in 2013 on Indiegogo for a range of resin miniatures. That project ran smoothly.

As a collector of the Smog 1888 range I could see a number of these figures really complementing that line.

My finger is now hovering over the pledge button. 

Project was cancelled by the project creator who hopes to relaunch in a few months.

Not saying it was Beagles curse striking yet again, but...

In any case this thread is closed.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lostraven
      I got this figure from an Asset Drop box. According to the accompanying documentation it is called White Mage from Lion Tower. It is a very delicate looking casting but unfortunately there were several bubble poc marks on the cloak that had to be filled and several artifacts at various locations that had to be removed. To me it has an anime vibe and used a lot of anime images from Pinterest as reference/inspiration. I had a real hard time with the face, especially the eyes due to fine features. The base is a resin Groundwerks temple base that I've had for ages.

• By Dan d'Lyon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/titanforgeminis/gridwars?ref=section-homepage-view-more-recommendations-p1

I removed a link to their Patreon that was in the content below.

Welcome to GRIDWARS: Age of Cyberpunk! Join us in the cyber creation of the next-generation future tabletop wargame! This game can be entirely printed on your home 3D printer!
      By joining the campaign you can get almost 100 pre-supported STL models of unique sci-fi characters for all your gaming needs! You also get the complete GRIDWARS rules and all the accessories to put those miniatures straight into the action!
      This campaign has a strict "no waiting & no delays" guarantee!  You can download the entire core content required to play right after Kickstarter processing!
      All sci-fi genres in one place: cyberpunk, marines, aliens, post-apo, science-fantasy, and more!
      After this campaign ends, Cyber Forge will be featuring additional GRIDWARS content and miniatures for you to expand your playable character range!  
      Beneath you can see everything you get to print for just 29€! And there are even more freebies coming with each stretch goal we unlock in this campaign! Reinforce your sci-fi collection with a ton of cyberpunk characters, mechs, and buildings! 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackforgegames/the-ancestors-tenjin

Story

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fallenknight/fallen-knight

Story
        Fallen Knight is a classic cooperative dungeon-crawler set in an outlandish dark fantasy world. Players take on the role of death knights, lost warriors who devour the memories of the dead for their silent gods. Once consumed, these long-forgotten memories can be used to unlock powerful, forsaken abilities. Alongside their mechanical advantages, these memories will be showcased in a beautifully realized artistic comic, revealing new insights into these dark lands..  Through a combination of its foreboding themes, exciting game mechanics, and unique artistic vision, Fallen Knight occupies an innovative space within the board game hobby, and we're so excited for you to be a part of it!

Story The Fallen Knights were created by the Gods with the sole purpose of acquiring and reliving lost memories, to better satiate the Gods' voyeuristic appetites. Like dogs on a leash, the Knights were bound by oath to track and consume specific memories, as demanded by their greedy masters. These lost memories -- once consumed -- would offer the Knights a rare, tender glimpse of life. Yet it was fleeting; when returned, they were reduced once more to lifeless husks by their hideous lords. And so it continued for an age, in an endless cycle of servitude, lifelessness and hate....
      Now, the Gods are gone. The curse is broken, and the Knights are free to live and relive any memories they encounter. But like bad dreams, these memories are vague and fractured. And so it's time to leave the realm of the Gods, for Fallen Knights must forge their own path, or be lost forever alongside the memories they covet.
        Corpses As you travel the world, you will absorb the memories of corpses - both found and defeated - in order to enhance your characters, freely developing them as you wish.
      You will spend 'life' to reanimate 'unsouled' Fallen Knights, mastering their bodies and upgrading their potential effect on the game.
        Damned sword The Fallen Knight's 'Damned Sword' can naturally morph into new weapons; you'll be able to access the martial abilities of any character class, as long as you've consumed the right memories!
        Gameplay Fallen knight is a 1-4 player cooperative dungeon crawler board game. The gameplay consists of strategic, visceral combat, embedded within a campaign-driven framework. Though consumed memories, players will unlock the abilities of dead adventurers, which they can then use in combat. Each ability is represented by a unique ability card, composed of an individual action, a character class and weapon type.                 
      Synergies are special active or passive skills that Fallen Knights will receive if they have multiple abilities of the same class or weapon type. With hundreds of ability cards and over 20 unique synergies, Fallen Knight provides a dynamic and exciting space for character creation, customization and optimization!
      Instead of dice, Fallen Knight utilizes a sub-action deck. With over 20 sub-action cards, players can flexibly tailor their strategy to best deal with their immediate foes!
      Monsters are controlled by a combination of Monster Action cards and Monster Behavior cards. Monster actions - unique to each creature in Fallen Knight - will dictate its actions during boss battle combat. Monster behaviors - drawn from a deck shared by all monsters in the game - will modify the monster's actions by adjusting damage range or type, changing targets, or activating a myriad of special abilities.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/rakshasa-madness

Story
      The Death Knight Rises
      To me there's only one true fallen paladin who, deceived by the darkest forces, broke his oath and became a paragon of hatred and terror. But, I am into classic TTRPGs, so I wanted to rethink the concept. Boris Woloszyn, amazing sculptor that he is, took over and has transformed this idea into a remarkable sets of miniatures.
        The Miniatures
      There are only two. The Minion is 32mm scale and the Fallen Paladin measures 40mm to the top of his head.They will get cast in the crispest of resins. They come unassembled and without bases. 
        The Paladin - doing a gentle spin
       PLAY The Minions
      The Pledge Levels
      There are two. Ones comes with only the Death Knight, the other comes with the Death Knight and two minions.
      The price for only the Death Knight is 15CA$, the set with 1 Death Knight and 2 minions is 35CA$ (less than 30US$). 
      Backerkit will charge max. 14CA$ for postage on top of that.
        Stretch Goals
      We have one and I will unlock it if we reach 10K.
        Add-On's
      We will open a backer kit pledge manager for those that want some extra minis, and we make sure to drop all the suitable Boris stuff in there too.

I want to give you a little preview what to expect in terms of add-on's.

There will be this well known lot sculpted by Boris. 10C$ each. (In case you want to top up to find out what 10K will bring)
      And there will be some 3D printed things (20 Microns, they paint like casts).

1. This lad and his little buddy, because dwarves and gobbos. 8CA$
      2. 3 Halflings on a rampage. 2 female 1 male, because. Also - kettle jump pack. The pacK of 3 plus 2 steam bases will be 20 C$
      I still have more to throw into the mix, but I need to re-watch that episode now.  

Thanks again!
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)