Reaperbryan

Sir Forscale Painting Competition

Hey! I've been having a ton of fun using 4 different Sir Forscales, including the one painted by OneBoot.

I'd like to have some more!

So here's the deal:

Paint one or more 77008: Garrick the Bold, in any color scheme or style you choose. You may not add any base other than the base he comes on, although you may add items (skulls, plants, Pokéballs, etc.) to the base. You cannot attach him to anything that would change his height - if you do, he's useless "for scale". You may convert his weapon or do a head-swap, but he must still be recognizable as "Sir Forscale".  

Take a great picture. Post it in this thread before . I will pick one or more winners - I might pick 1, 3, 7, or 20. Each winner will then e-mail (NOT PM) me their e-mail address. I will email to each winner a $25 e-gift certificate. Post these pictures BY or ON August 15th - that's 25 days from today.

Oh, and each winner must then ship to Reaper their winning Sir Forscale so that I can use them in photographs. Your e-gc should cover the cost of the initial 77008 and postage. If it does not, I will offer an additional e-gc to cover the difference plus enough to leave you with some sort of reward, upon being shown proof.

Address:

Reaper Miniatures

% Bryan Stiltz

9062 Teasley Ln

Denton, TX 76210

So, what do you say, forums? Who wants to be famous for 15 minutes and have your sir Forscale featured in a Kickstarter update?

...convinces me to paint today even though I didn't want to and wanted to play Lego Pirates of the Carribean.  Dang it, Bryan!!!  Probably will order another since I've got a partial order cooking...

• Like 11

Sounds hilarious and fun. Two questions: one, are we limited to one Forscale each? Second, what's the deadline?

Edit: phone spelling.

Edited by terminalmancer
  • Like 1

Hey! I've been having a ton of fun using 4 different Sir Forscales, including the one painted by OneBoot.

I'd like to have some more!

So here's the deal:

Paint one or more 77008: Garrick the Bold, in any color scheme or style you choose. You may not add any base other than the base he comes on, although you may add items (skulls, plants, Pokéballs, etc.) to the base. You cannot attach him to anything that would change his height - if you do, he's useless "for scale". You may convert his weapon or do a head-swap, but he must still be recognizable as "Sir Forscale".  

Take a great picture. Post it in this thread before . I will pick one or more winners - I might pick 1, 3, 7, or 20. Each winner will then e-mail (NOT PM) me their e-mail address. I will email to each winner a $25 e-gift certificate. Post these pictures BY or ON August 15th - that's 25 days from today.

Oh, and each winner must then ship to Reaper their winning Sir Forscale so that I can use them in photographs. Your e-gc should cover the cost of the initial 77008 and postage. If it does not, I will offer an additional e-gc to cover the difference plus enough to leave you with some sort of reward, upon being shown proof.

Address:

Reaper Miniatures

% Bryan Stiltz

9062 Teasley Ln

Denton, TX 76210

So, what do you say, forums? Who wants to be famous for 15 minutes and have your sir Forscale featured in a Kickstarter update?

Sounfs hilarious and fun. Two questions: one, are we limited to one Forscale each? Second, what's the deadline?

You may paint more than one 77008. Post these pictures BY or ON August 15th - that's 25 days from today.

Sounfs hilarious and fun. Two questions: one, are we limited to one Forscale each? Second, what's the deadline?

You may paint more than one 77008. Post these pictures BY or ON August 15th - that's 25 days from today.

My lack of reading comprehension thanks you for your patience! :)
  • Like 3

Are we restricted to the Bones version?

Yes, because the metal version of the model has no integral base and would need to be attached to a base, violating the "no attaching to a base" rule.

Bummer. I have a whole squad of the metal Forscale brothers.  Good luck to those who participate. 

Order placed. We'll see if I can make the deadline in my oodles of spare time.

• Like 1

By height, do you mean top of the head or the tip of the sword?

If you change his height by adding him on top of anything I cannot accept it. If his "height" changes because you did a head and weapon swap, we're fine. Although, if you change enough that he is no longer useful for my purpose as a Scale reference object that is the same scale object I have been using for years, we're not fine, again.