Sunday:

Advanced Airbrush - Finishing Techniques x1
Light and Color x1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing a few of you with some of the classes I picked.  Always good to have someone from the forums in a class with you so if one of us does not get something jotted down we can hopefully ask the other later if we don't remember what was explained.

THURSDAY
  • 1:30 PM TO 3:30 PM - Sue Wachowski - Layer, Feather, and Glaze - FIRST CHOICE (Wanting to learn a bit more about all these techniques)
  • 4 PM TO 6 PM - Michelle Blastenbrei - Blood, Puss, Guts and Gore - FIRST CHOICE (Got the gore kit from last year and we used it but had issues. Hoping to get some tips on making it better)

​FRIDAY 

• 1:30 PM TO 3:30 PM - Rhonda Bender - Blending with Texture - FIRST CHOICE (Love Rhonda's teaching style and work so this sounded like a great class.)
  • 4 PM TO 6 PM - James Wappel - Using MSP Clear Colors & Liners - FIRST CHOICE (No clue if this will be too advanced for me but I have wondered what to do with the clears my daughter has in her set and I only use liners for priming at this time.)

​SATURDAY

• 10AM to 12 Noon - Tish Wolter - Mini-Painting for Kids  (Will be hanging out and watching my daughter learn more than i can teach her)
  • 4 PM TO 6 PM - Tish Wolter - Good Fast Painting - Possible FIRST CHOICE (hopefully Tish is not tired of me being around by this time. :P )
  • Like 4

Since it seems to be the thing, I'll post what I'm in this year:

Painting Vehicles and Mecha x1

Dirt and Scenes, Done Dirt Cheap! x1

The Monster Under the Bed x1

You made that from WHAT?!! x1

LEVEL UP! Intermediate to Advanced x1

Exotic Non-Metallic Metals x1

• Like 4

I stayed up after working night shift all week to hit the ticket opening and got a pair of tickets for Kick @** Colors with Michael Proctor (for my wife and I to go to together)!  Fortunately, I didn't get caught in the initial errors and managed to grab my classes immediately and go take a nap!  ::):  Unfortunately, despite how badly I wanted to take Corporea's flesh and faces class, one of my own classes overlapped it...  ::(:

I just can't wait for ReaperCon!!!!!  ::D:

• Like 7

I stayed up after working night shift all week to hit the ticket opening and got a pair of tickets for Kick @** Colors with Michael Proctor (for my wife and I to go to together)! Fortunately, I didn't get caught in the initial errors and managed to grab my classes immediately and go take a nap! ::): Unfortunately, despite how badly I wanted to take Corporea's flesh and faces class, one of my own classes overlapped it... ::(:

I just can't wait for ReaperCon!!!!! ::D:

Wanted to take some of your classes but they overlapped my must haves....

• Like 3

I just want to issue a formal apology to anyone who was trying to add any of the classes I was going after at around noon.  I was on my phone and didn't realize that each click was adding another slot to my cart.  I caused myself some distress when trying to figure that one out and realizing the class was already full!  Oh drat!  Then I checked my cart and realized I had Painting Tips & Tricks with Marike Reimer x 6 in there already.  Sorry if I caused anyone distress, I got that sorted out a minute or two later. 

Congrats on your haul! Hah, so that's what happened! I went straight to it as soon as I could log in and I was like "What? How in the world..?" By the time I circled back around, I'm sure it was resolved and had filled up. It's the only class from my top picks that I couldn't get into, but I'm still happy with what I got. It all works out in the end though, since folks are very generous with their knowledge and available at their "table station" throughout the day. 

• Like 2

I totally forgot that classes were being released today and wouldn't have been at my computer when they were anyway.

Nevertheless, I signed up for 2 classes, which I honestly think is plenty for me and I'm pretty pleased with what I got.

Thurs 10am - Noon: Beginner Freehand with Jessica Rich

Fri 1:30pm - 3:30pm: Everything I Wish I Knew When I Started Painting with Brice Cocanour

• Like 6

I missed out on almost all of my primary wants, but I was able to get a couple secondary picks, so it's all good. Looks like I'll have a lot of time for socializing, gaming, or whatever else.

(Next year, I am definitely taking the day off. Conscience be darned!)

Thurs: Bones Convert and Take Royal Rumble

Thurs: Advanced Basing w/ Michael Proctor

Sat: Hands on Sculpting w/ Joe Orteza

• Like 8

Same here, I tend to hate to call out and go in sick.  Mostly cause I want to save my time off for fun stuff.  I didn't have any must haves this year.  I wanted to try and spend it painting / gaming / (attempting to) socializing.  I only went for three this year:

Thur: Painting Chibi Figures with Katie Sommer

Sat: How Not to Suck - Sculpting Edition with Andy Pieper

Sun: Painting Lighting Effects with Derek Schubert

• Like 4

Thurs 10am - Noon: Shaded Metallics with Michael Proctor

Thurs 1:30pm - 3:30pm: Painting Vehicles and Mecha with Greg Zuniga

Thurs 4pm - 6 pm: Bones Convert 'n' Take with Bryan Stiltz

Fri 4pm - 6pm: Building a Scenic Base - Fantasy: with Bob Ridolfi

Sat 10am-Noon: Beginner Freehand with Brice Cocanour

Sun 12:30-2:30pm: Painting Flats with Glen Phillips

..I may have gotten overzealous

• Like 4

Thurs 10am - Noon: Shaded Metallics with Michael Proctor

Thurs 1:30pm - 3:30pm: Painting Vehicles and Mecha with Greg Zuniga

Thurs 4pm - 6 pm: Bones Convert 'n' Take with Bryan Stiltz

Fri 4pm - 6pm: Building a Scenic Base - Fantasy: with Bob Ridolfi

Sat 10am-Noon: Beginner Freehand with Brice Cocanour

Sun 12:30-2:30pm: Painting Flats with Glen Phillips

..I may have gotten overzealous

Zealous, maybe? By my reckoning, you need at least two more classes before you're overzealous.

Also: three cheers for those of us crazy enough to go all-in on Thursday!

• Like 4