Painting at Reapercon

jsalyers

Never been before but it seems like Reapercon has public places to paint.

My question for the convention organizers is what policies (if any) do you have for airbrushing in public places?

I want to paint, I'd like to airbrush... but I'm no health and safety expert so I wonder what the conventions policies for such activities are.

Thanks for your help and advice!

J--

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also not an official, but I can't recall anybody having an airbrush out in the painting area during the last four years. (Maybe one of the invited artists might have?)

It's probably a little impractical, and might make a bit of a mess of the venue without proper setup and planning.

Then again, who knows?

• Like 1

Aaron Lovejoy had a table set up with his airbrushing equipment last year. Not sure how much brushing he did though.

+ there was the Grex vendor. Mmmmmm Grex.......:lol:

Also I wanna say Martin Jones may have had a airbrush set up, but then again we were talking about airbrushes so what I may be remembering. ::):.

I think as long as there is a proper set up for it, you might be able to do it but like klarg1 says it's kinda impractical for the venue.

Aaron Lovejoy had a table set up with his airbrushing equipment last year. Not sure how much brushing he did though.

I recall Aaron doing his prep with the airbrush for his classes with priming the figures he had to take to them and a bit of work on his own stuff. There were probably 4 or so people that I recall who had airbrushes set up, I think most of them were invited Artists. 

Most of the airbrush classes are demonstration only, not hands on IIRC. At least the one I took two years ago was. Though it was not a formal one. I was the only one who showed up for the army painting class and after we zipped through the prepped material I asked Aaron about airbrushing and he ran upstairs to get his rig and showed me a few things.

• Like 2

Most of the airbrush classes are demonstration only, not hands on IIRC. At least the one I took two years ago was. Though it was not a formal one. I was the only one who showed up for the army painting class and after we zipped through the prepped material I asked Aaron about airbrushing and he ran upstairs to get his rig and showed me a few things.

The year Jester (Robert Cruse) offered the 1st airbrushing class. He brought his down & did demo stuff with it. Showed off some minis he had done with + showed a way to prime stuff using both white & black primer.

To be honest I don't think I've ever seen a non-instructor or vendor have their own set up going.

• Like 1

In general airbrushes are going to add to much additional noise to the convention floor and yes I know that many compressors are very quiet. Power will also be a bit more limited than it has been in the past.

So Anne says no airbrush setups in the open painting area this year.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 4