Dreadball 2

CashWiley

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dreadball-the-futuristic-sports-game-2

I went in huuuge on the first DB and almost played a game twice. I liked the minis overall, though the casting was a mess (purportedly Mantic plastic has improved quite a bit). Best part in my opinion was getting several teams in metal for some reason, those are nice!

Anyway, Mantic is back for more. I'm tentatively in because I have so many teams for this already and the new rulebook condenses all the season books, updates the rules; and the teams book supports all the old teams and MVPs. So if I do ever get around to playing, it would be nice to have.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same boat for me. Like the game but haven't gotten to play it, have only painted 3/4 of one team for it, and I'm in for the elfing thing anyway. At least it should stay relatively small? Maybe that'll mean fewer of the typical Mantic fulfillment... challenges. (That and the new customer service team?)

I like the idea of this, I enjoy their previous Dreadball products, and I really want that mini with the afro.

Unfortunately, Deadzone 2's fulfillment was an absolute wreck that they never fully corrected for me. So as far as I'm concerned they've lost their KS privileges until I see really concrete signs that they've fixed their issues, if ever.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dreadball-the-futuristic-sports-game-2

I went in huuuge on the first DB and almost played a game twice. I liked the minis overall, though the casting was a mess (purportedly Mantic plastic has improved quite a bit). Best part in my opinion was getting several teams in metal for some reason, those are nice!

Anyway, Mantic is back for more. I'm tentatively in because I have so many teams for this already and the new rulebook condenses all the season books, updates the rules; and the teams book supports all the old teams and MVPs. So if I do ever get around to playing, it would be nice to have.

Tempted, other than I HATED their minis (got much better though with Dungeon Saga)--cleaning them is near impossible to remove molde lines.  However, tempted as I am, considering I have never played my first edition, second edition seems like a silly idea.

So, Mantic have finally figured out that by working with the right partner, UK companies can in fact ship to Europe at a lower cost than to the US. Honestly, didn't think they ever would.

I have 3 Dreadball Teams, and this version has not only 2 new teams but a rules update.

Plus, EB levels were available. I'm in.

I have, like, all the original KS teams. I went a little bonkers back then (you're welcome, too, hah).

We should play a game if I can ever work the new RCon dates into my VAC schedule!

• Like 1

Dreadball is one of the best games that I do not like.

Seriously - the rules are very good, but I just don't much like sports games.

That said, my first and last game of Dreaball revealed to me something that I had not expected - the game has depth.

The fact that the ball drops back into play immediately when a goal is scored means that you have to plan ahead - not just for the goal, but for after.

I got the fist goal - and set up my opponent for three in a row. :blink:

Losing was an awesome, awesome feeling - like being the victim of a Fool's Mate in chess, obvious in hindsight, but shocking when you witness it.

Yes, I am comparing a sports game to chess... a sad, sad day indeed. ::D: I honestly think that losing, so very badly, made me respect the game a heck of a lot more than winning would have.

I really, really wish that I liked the game, because it is awesome.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

I wish they had a tier for some kind of upgrade (rulebook, new pitch perhaps). 

So much this.  I already have too many teams so I'm only interested in the rulebook and any other stuff that would let me play the new edition.  Unfortunately, there is no way to support on that basis so I'm just going to have to wait for retail.

Which honestly, is probably a good thing as I haven't really played the original game all that much!

• Like 1

I wish they had a tier for some kind of upgrade (rulebook, new pitch perhaps).

So much this.  I already have too many teams so I'm only interested in the rulebook and any other stuff that would let me play the new edition.

New pledge level going live some time today that is just for the rulebooks, cards, etc. +1 for Mantic listening to fans!
  • Like 1

I'm currently in, but only the Sumo lizards are of interest.

Can I please piggyback on someone and get their Matsudan and Raiden? I just don't want to end up with another ton of more minis I'll never use/paint.

Please help a mini-junkie out here :-)

• Like 1