Reaper Evangelizin'

Brooding Paladin

So many of you are probably aware that I am in seminary; for the rest of you, I'm in seminary. :lol: Anyway, we have this agreement that says we will seek each other's permission if we have to miss a class (it's about community building, etc.). Anyway, I happen to have a class on a certain weekend in May. Now, usually, when someone is seeking an excuse it's for people that are leading a mission trip for the church's youth, performing someone's wedding, attending a denominational conference, etc. Even though in some circles the ReaperCon is going to be likened unto a religious event, I was a little nervous about my chances of being granted a pass.

To make my case, I packed up several of my figs for a sort of show & tell showing them a "raw" figure, a filed/cleaned figure, a primed figure, and several of my painted ones. After my "show & tell" I was granted a pass unanimously!!! WOOHOOO!!! :lol:

Most frequently asked question: "Dude, where can I buy some of those?" :B):

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if they see it as a relaxing excercise and art, I'm sure you could get permission.

Some thought needs to be put into the minis you select to show them. Suffice to say I don't think Monique D'Noir would be a good one to choose.

Try some elves, dwarves, and rangers. Make some reference to the LOTR movies that came out, and you should do nicely.

You also might want to pack and show your tools of the trade. A lot of people are amazed that I can paint with such a tiny brush for being a big guy like I am...

--LSH

God for you Broods. Glad you will be able to go. No if I wasn't so commited to making my pilgramige to Kentucky in July for Breyerfest.....I would be able to go to Reapercon too. But I haven't been able to make my pilgramage to the Mecca of Modelhorsedom in several years, and all the model horse junkies are calling! It also helps that this year there is a Spanish Horse theme and I just LOVE spanish horses! :lol: My next "real" horse will be Panish, eiother an Andalusian or a Paso Fino!

Lady Tam

Congrats, might I suggest as a thank you to all your class mates pick them up a mini each while your at the Con.

Might be amusing to bring them back their own Paladin or Templar or wandering Priest, just so you stick with a theme.

Heck teach them all how to play Warlord and you can make some really good templar teams.

Patrick "Mad Pat" Haughton

Dallas Texas

Broods I find that when you explain things to people the answer is usually going to be yes. The only exception to that rule being my Parents.

I wanted to bring in a group from the Rochester area to come and talk to my students about a topic that is kind of touchy. I was up front with MCC about it and told them I wanted my students to be more well educated on such matters and the school had no problems with it.