Challenge: Khanjira in Seven Days. Thorne's takin' the plunge!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee. Voltron. I has a lol. ^^

Decided to do a little work on the base. I'm actually pretty happy with it as it is, but I may go over that mud with a little ochre or something to pick out the gravel and such.

I was planning sandstone. But then I realized my slapdash liner job looked like quartz and marble and .. um. I might have decided to roll with that instead. Whoops. Some washing and squooging later, we have this:

post-14187-0-71870500-1469742111_thumb.jpg

post-14187-0-89339500-1469742122_thumb.jpg

and I am pleased. Some of it is a little more like jasper, but I don't really care, I like it. There are no mistakes, dangnabbit! Now I need to do claws and protruding bony spikes and .. eyeballs? Mouth. I need to finish the Maw of Doom. *sage nod*

• Like 22

Oooh, loving that dark bronze with the purple! :wub: And the rocks turned out lovely; I have to laugh, though, because I had the same thing happen with Kally's base. I hadn't intended to make it marble, it just kinda happened. ^_^

He's looking super cool so far, I'm excited to see how he turns out! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

Yay! Somebody likes my rocks. ^^

I remember you mentioning that, Boot. Something about happy accidents? ^.~

Got the rest of the metallic on, probably missed some bits, but I'll get those when I find them. All the tiny horn nubs! ALL OF THEM. Oohg.

I think the tail has actually been the worst part of this model - all the sticky-outy bits, with the twisting and all. At least the attachment is big enough I can wear the part as a thimble while I attempt to paint it. Betting I am not the first to discover this nifty detail. Also betting I am not the first, nor the last, to mutter obscenities about the mold lines on the hands.

post-14187-0-61906700-1469760460_thumb.jpg

... mad not-tarresque is upset. And not glued, before anyone gasps at my madness. He almost has eyeballs! I need to hit them with a little peacock green, the Jungle Camo is a hair too dull, even with the Gilded Yellow mixed in. *sigh* Eyeballs are /such/ a trial. But! Progress. Also, wet-blending, with two brushes needs about four hands.

• Like 21

Getting into the gluing phase now, and cursing the weird shapes that are going to make clamping anything nigh impossible.

But! Khanjira has eyeballs! And pupils.

post-14187-0-27232500-1469779546_thumb.jpg

Going to hold off on the victory celebrations until the beastie is glued together and I have witnessed him stand on his own two feetz.

• Like 22