Sign in to follow this  
Anne

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary kickstarter

Hi, I'm pleased to share this awesome kickstarter from Cryptozoic, The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary. It's based off the AMC series The Walking Dead. I apologize I should have posted this sooner, just been very busy. But there are still 5 days left to join, and I think it's totally worth it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no-sanctuary

The game design looks intriguing, designed by brothers Adam and Brady Sadler. The figures are exceptional, very finely detailed and sculpted by Stephan. I was really impressed how well they came out.

I was asked to paint some of the masters for Cryptozoic for their booths at San Diego Comic Con and Gen Con 2016. As a huge fan of the series both on AMC and in graphic novel incarnation, this is a really exciting project!

Also check it out, this is so cool! The very talented actors Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Norman Reedus (Daryl), with two of the miniatures I painted! I believe they were gifted the ones with the larger clear bases. How totally awesome of them is that? I can die happy now :)

https://twitter.com/cryptozoic/status/756988054590533632

I posted some photos I took of the miniatures I painted here:

http://minicreatures.blogspot.com/

Come join an awesome kckstarter!

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 6

Dude they're totally awesome figures :) gooble gobble! :D

edited for English

Also I should add, this project is funded and still live. My tagging skills are horrendous.

Edited by Anne

I've got to admit that it's pretty tempting for just the heroes.  So many people have been wanting official TWDs for some time.  

Mantic's miniatures just didn't appeal to me.

• Like 2

Have to admit I'm very surprised I hadnt heard a thing about this Kickstarter before now.

Also a bit confused about what one needs to pledge for to get all the character minis and iconic civilians and other minis like the Lori Grimes mini.

• Like 1

Scalewise they are 35mm but I have to say the scale didn't bother me as much as it might some. For example, the priestess from Pathfinder, Alahazra from Reaper, I could see matching sizewise to them. She is smaller than some of the say Klocke figures, but it's not jarring. It is interesting with these figures because of the proportions of their bodies are in scale without exaggerating for emphasis on heads & heads. So the faces take a bit of work, but I have to say the likenesses are really fantastic. I have a feeling that was a big part of the authorizations behind the scenes with this game, getting likenesses approved etc. I think in the comments area the creators posted a similar comparison photo with zombicide figures.

Darsc, I wasn't on the marketing end of things and initially I wasn't able to show figures till things became unlocked. So on publicity, I think this ks may have hit some bumps in the road. As to the backing levels, I think it is addressed in the comments area by the creators who recently revamped the tier level. I backed initially at the Early bird comic con tier, but then upgraded to $219 for addon stuff later.

• Like 1

Darsc, I wasn't on the marketing end of things and initially I wasn't able to show figures till things became unlocked. So on publicity, I think this ks may have hit some bumps in the road. As to the backing levels, I think it is addressed in the comments area by the creators who recently revamped the tier level. I backed initially at the Early bird comic con tier, but then upgraded to $219 for addon stuff later.

First Anne, thanks for posting about this. Don't think I would have know about it otherwise.

$219 sounds like you went all in for the game expansions. I was interested in minis only but not so much the zombies. Mostly just the Iconic characters. It's confusing as some are shown available as add ons but not all.

• Like 1

Darsc, I asked in the comments area for you, "$1 plus the character add-ons I suppose but that will miss out on the KSE SGs." And also this, "If they looking just for minis of the main characters since zombies can easily be found elsewhere they could do $1 + $32 for survivor packs 1 & 2."

The creators recently revamped the tiers so the best place to look would be update #11 where they clarify stuff.

Happy to share! :)

• Like 2

Thanks for asking for me Anne. I'll have to look through everything and do the math.

• Like 2

Have to admit I'm very surprised I hadnt heard a thing about this Kickstarter before now.

Also a bit confused about what one needs to pledge for to get all the character minis and iconic civilians and other minis like the Lori Grimes mini.

You probably haven't heard anything about the game because Cryptozoic ran the KS *very* badly! No marketing of the KS before starting the funding, poor initial value, and they were "putting miniatures back into the box" with their initial SG's. Their current offering adds something like *ten* SG's worth of content, plus an expansion set.

The Vision of Lori miniature is only in the Base Game or No Sanctuary tiers, so:

Base Set: $75

Exclusive Lori: $12

Ride Daryl: $12

Iconic Civilians: $15

Better Angels: $20

Stuff and Thangs: $25

Survivor Set 2: $16

The No Sanctuary Tier ($115 Comicon EB), includes Ride Daryl and Survivor Set 2:

No Sanctuary Tier: $115
Exclusive Lori: $12

Iconic Civilians: $15

Better Angels: $20

Stuff and Thangs: $25

I'm pretty sure the numbers come out to be about the same, so the actual difference in cost will be for shipping. This may be important for those living outside the US.

fwiw, This KS has (gasp) unarmed survivors, which I've had a hard time finding aside from metal miniatures. The All Things Zombie miniatures game calls for unarmed civilians. 

EDIT: Dig up a "gory" picture of a mini you painted and post it in the #artweclever Twitter account to unlock a social stretch goal!

• Tanks for the Idea - We know there are artists among you and we want you to share your amazing work with the world. We only need 5 Twitter posts with the hashtag #artweclever to unlock, but they must be truly gorgeous (or gory) pieces (4 to go!)
Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

The Governor has unlocked! And hopefully Morgan soon to follow!

:zombie::bday:

• Like 1