Sign in to follow this  
Anne

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary Miniatures

Ok now that is very cool.

Nice work on all of them.

• Like 2

Posted on BGG! : https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23302666

Anne, we've had some skepticism of how well Crypto can produce miniatures, so feel free to comment on BGG what you thought about the miniature quality!

EDIT: And Dakka! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/696379.page#8801515

EDIT: And TMP! http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=426254

EDIT: And Lead Adventurers! http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=92188.msg1141531#msg1141531

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone! And thank you again Ced1106 for reposting to BGG!

Regarding the quality of the figures, the ones I painted were resin masters. I haven't personally seen the final figures material in person, but I think they will be good. Particularly because AMC was overseeing the likeness factor so heavily on the master sculpts. I can't imagine they would go through all that effort to release a final product that wasn't up to par. I do wish I had had abit more time for painting and was better at photography :). And in retrospect I should have photographed before starting as well to share more of the progress. But ah well.

The clear bases don't come with the game, I made them separately as I found in the course of painting some of the duplicates were to be given to the actors. I was afraid with the masters being so delicate they would break on them.

• Like 1

Aww yeah!  :;):

Also... for those interested in the kickstarter, the Governor and Morgan (w/ staff) have been unlocked. There is a darn spiffy stretch goal that awards Michonne's pets too.

Just a heads up, still 7 hours left to join the kickstarter if any was on the fence. And Riot Gear Glenn, Michonne's pet walkers, Rick in a hospital gown, well walkers, and Dale's RV!!!! miniatures have been unlocked! (And of course the accompanying game mechanics with those). I've never been so excited about an RV before! :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      So awhile back Uncle Adam on the YouTube mentioned something about making a Halloween themed killteam scenario. It seemed like a pretty good idea and after a lot of thought I decided to give it a try. How hard could it be to make a custom scenario for the spooky season? Having seen quite a few interesting wave based custom scenarios I knew that was the way I wanted to go. I also knew I wanted to use the undead (zombies and skeletons). 

So the first problem is that I don't have enough zombies and skeletons for a wave based scenario. Not exactly wanting to break the bank for what will probably be a one off game I started looking for some cheap zombies. Turns out I didn't have to look hard or for very long. Zombies!!! Glowing Bag O' Zombies was just the ticket with 100 zombies (in four sculpts) for about $12 all in.

Now they're a little on the small size, but again this is a one off game. Besides painting a hundred figures for a one off game I don't think my buddies will have too much to say. Armed with this bag and the few undead I already have I think I'll have enough enemies to go around. Or maybe I need another bag?

I started out the night with two different sculpts with the simple intention of figuring out color schemes. First up was either a construction worker or a hunter, and honestly even after painting it I'm still not sure. As I blocked out the colors I was better able to see the figure's details, though I still don't know if it's a construction worker or a hunter. Would you call that a construnter?

I hit everything minus the skin and gore when I had an idea. I just might be able to put that grey primer to work. With just a red wash I might be able to completely skip painting the skin and gore.

I wouldn't exactly call it a success, but it's not terrible. This guy will probably squeak by as is but it looks like I'll be painting skin afterall. 

Next up was a fellow carrying a severed leg. On this one I painted a skin tone but used just a wash again for the gore. 

I think it looks better, but I'm still on the fence. 

Though neither figure is finished I can't believe how quickly they painted up. Knowing that a batch paint was the next step I attached all the construction/hunters (construnters) to craft sticks. 

Then seeing how much paint was leftover on my palette from this and a previous project I went ahead and basecoated all the pants. 

I did not expect to do so much in just one night, but then again we all know I won't keep this pace.
    • By Maledrakh
      Paintedfor a painting league in another forum: 

"Bring Out Your Dead!"
      I envision this as a wandering band who collects the dead. Sometimes they need to make ther cargo dead first. Being death warmed over themselves, they do not know what else to do with their unlives.

lots more pictures beneath the click:

• By Adrift
      Tre Manor is still working to fulfill his Warbands of the Dark Beyond across the pond, but I painted up the zombies to be a higher grade of zombie for my dnd game. I got the chaos bases at ReaperCon and wanted them to look like they were fueled with necrotic energy further powering the zombies!!

• By cdorf
      Between moving and starting a new job this spring, there has not been a lot of time for painting.  Plus there was the time taken to inventory Bones IV.  I want to try and establish a more regular painting routine, and I thought I would start with some figures that I could do quickly.  Several years ago, I purchased some Axis Zombies for the Dust Tactics game.  I had no interest in playing the game, but I liked several figures from the range.  Last night I did some quick mold line removal (not too worried if I missed some) and gave them a quick coat of primer. I am hoping to get started on them this evening.  

• By planetmut
      Luke and Elise thought they could escape the zombie apocalypse by heading to the countryside. Oh dear.

These minis don't have names, so I christened one as Luke because his open white shirt and blond hair remind me of Luke Skywalker on some of the original Star Wars posters and Elise got her name because the Cure's "Letter to Elise" was playing as I was finishing her paint job.

My girlfriend took one look at these and said, "If you put them opposite each other it looks like they're in a dance-off".

And she's right.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 4 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)