• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I've actually been pretty productive these last couple weeks, and here is another miniature I finished up last night, an executioner, sculpted by Julie Guthrie back in the eighties.  Pretty basic figure, very few colors, didn't take too long to paint.

was lucky today in that it's reasonably sunny outside so I've got some good natural lighting going on.

Not sure how happy I am with his axe, turned out a little dark, and I considered putting some blood on it, but in the end thinking maybe it's his first head-whacking of the morning, and hopefully he cleans it daily.

With his long weekend I was able to paint quite a lot, and this gentleman was done pretty much all this week. He'd been sitting on a base primed for years, but he seemed to be a nice straightforward figure that I could get done quickly.

So hopefully you all enjoy another trip back into our miniature prehistory!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again!

so here is my last Ral Partha Victim, sculpted by Dennis Mize, back in 1979.  Once again a little on the disrobed side, so I'll give you just the face here, and the rest of her you can check out on the links below.

With her, I wanted to paint her because I wanted to try to start working more on transparent clothing.  So I started with her dress, but I think maybe incorrectly chose yellow as the dress color, which upon retrospect doesn't give enough contrast between her "fair skin" (the actual Reaper color) and the yellow paint I used for her dress.  The blue blouse I think turned out better, more visually transparent.

She's a tad out of focus with this extreme close up, but hopefully this will inspire you to see the rest of her in the links.

So here's Instagram, where you can see her from all angles:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAtNLTBHuZK/

or just where I stuck her main photo in the Lost Mini Wiki:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/images/4/4e/DF-245_A.JPG

So anyhow, that's the last of the naked miniatures I have in mind for the near future, I promise the rest will have a bit more clothing on, or will be monsters that just don't need clothing!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello gents and gentesses!

So today's miniature I'm going to have to show in edited form, as she's fully exposing all of her mammalian virtues.

This one is a "female victim", from a set of the same name, sculpted by Dennis Mize for his miniature range "Children of the Night", sculpted way back in 1979.  I always forget to, but I should have taken a picture of her next to some point of reference, because she's a small miniature, 25 miniatures instead of the 28-32 of modern times.

Here is here face:

and here is a link to see the rest of her in Instagram:
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CAqKGQXnPgh/

or if you don't have access to Instagram, another shot of her from the Lost Mini Wiki:
      http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/images/9/9d/DF-247_A.JPG

which only gives a single angle of her front.

In any case, a nice and simple figure to to, as it's just a girl and her skin basically.

Here is the whole set, unpainted, so unedited:

Crazy the things we were allowed to buy in the eighties as teenagers!

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and gals,

so I've been painting a goodly amount this last week or so, but it's been so cloudy I haven't been able to take proper photographs.  Today was the first day the weather showed a bit of sun, so got some photographs going.  Here is the first one I've been working on, the Drakonne by Bob Charrette.  I'm about 99.9578% that this is based on the dragonne in the first hardback Monster Manual, with a slight consonant adjustment to avoid any copyright infringements.  

So looks lots of photos from lots of angles:

Cross between a lion and a copper dragon as per the Monster Manual, so tried to do a similar color scheme.  

Anyhoos, more to come soon, just got to get the photos edited and made presentable.  

• By 72moonglum
      And here is the second one I finished this morning, another Ral Partha figure sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the eighties.

This one looks to be pretty clearly based on the Evil Queen of Disney fame.  I didn't want to give her exactly the same colors, so threw in some orange into the mix.

I think this is another Ral Partha Import resculpt.   I added a close up photo, but realized afterwards there is a little fuzz or lint or something on the cloak, sorry about that. Adding it in anyway, sa I'm too lazy to retake the photos.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 3 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)