ReaperBryan is a meanie.

Here I was with a Garrick the Bold Figure that I was going to paint up as Sir Forscale, all safely tucked away until I thought I had the talent to replicate such a feat. And then He comes around with a painting competition for that exact figure, forcing my hand. Forced, I say! I have never done so much planning for a colour scheme in my life, I hope to do it justice and I've been taking notes from those who have gone before me. And so begins the creation of Sir Hue Forscale, First Knight of Polychromus, Sentinel of Spectra, Measurer of Magnifitints. Here goes nothing!

All pictures taken will be from my new phone, I hope it does a better job than from my iPad mini:

20160731_143205_zpsjqfyhguq.jpg

20160731_143238_zps9yng3hka.jpg

Alright, looking crisp, though the whites are a little too bright. I used Reaper Brown Liner to coat the entire thing, then put on Reaper Pure black to cover it. I though I had diluted the black too much, but then I realized that it's a really concentrated paint, so it all turned out pretty good.

..............and now I found some mould lines. Alright, work on those first, and then some speckling is in order.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 14

Soooooo, slight setback in my work. Tried some speckling, didn't like it, painted black over it........and then the heavens opened up. We're still in the middle of a tornado warning, some funnel clouds were seen, but we mostly got a flumphload of rain. It's sunny out now, but I now have lakefront property. I can no longer see the street or even sidewalks, and the water was halfway up my calf when I went to move the car to higher ground.

20160731_183206_zpshfso5mzc.jpg

Just to give you an idea how bad it is. Yes, that most certainly is a car in a sinkhole.

On the upside, I managed to have a delightful stroopwafel and I started a better speckle job on Sir ForScale. Yessiree, things are looking up! Except for the car. It's going down, down, down.

• Like 13

Not sure if I should like or not.

Yay for paint!

Boo for flood and funnel clouds.

• Like 7

I hope it is not your car???

Sinkholes...so glad we don't have such shenanigans

Well, after they pumped the water out, it's not as bad as I thought. It wasn't a sinkhole, there's a small ditch there and the bank collapsed, causing the car to slide in. Could have been worse.

• Like 6

SIR FORSCALE HAS BEEN ATTACKED BY A BLOB MONSTER!!!!!!

20160801_150900_zpstpcxud8x.jpg

Ha ha, just kidding. After beginning to redo the speckles, I realized that I'm basically hitting him with a paint shotgun. Small speckles, but they add up quickly so I decided to use UHU-Tac to cover the other exposed areas and make it less of a pain to paint over with Reaper Pure Black again. Here are the results:

20160801_200847_zpsswvlnr2i.jpg

20160801_201021_zpskejvepla.jpg

This.........took a lot more effort than it looks. It consisted of using an old toothbrush and lightly dipping it into paint, wiping the excess off, and then ever so gently running your thumb over the bristles to get the spatter. It's far too easy to do that too hard and get large splotches, or to underestimate how much paint is actually going on or where. It's best to a couple of light sprays, stop, then inspect it. Do that repeatedly or you might wind up with too much spatter. Personally I think it turned out very well. The thing to remember is to put on the brighter paints first and then lead up to the darker, otherwise the latter won't stand out.

The order of the paints that I used were: Citadel Evil Sunz Scarlet, Citadel Troll Slayer Orange, Reaper Yellow Sample Paint, P3 Necrotite Green, Reaper Tropical Blue, ersatz Guindyloo Blurple ( soooo pretty!), and GW Goblin Green, with Reaper Pure Black to cover the excess spatter.

Next up is..... wait, I hadn't thought that far ahead yet. Most likely I will do my usual plan of working from largest areas to smallest, so the chainmail is probably on the block.

• Like 12

That flood water does not look awesome

That Sir forscale Does look awesome

Thank you! Missed you, Rhomby!

EDIT: Hey look, our flood and tornadoes made the national news.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 5