Sign in to follow this  
Genghis_Sean

Zombicide: Black Plague: Male Zombie

Base coat layer applied.  The plague skin doesn't show up well in these pics.  I still suck at photography, but trust me, the skin is tinted green, not gray.

I followed Sorastro's YouTube guide.  I would point out if you're thinking of doing this yourself that there are a few details of these particular minis that are hard to make out.  Just above the walker's left boot, there is a patch of skin showing through a torn patch of his trousers.  I painted over it on all seven and only noticed at the end.  Watch out for that.  Similarly, I didn't initially catch that the tunic is torn off his abdominal area, but it's intact over the back, so I had to go back and paint over the back after I'd missed it.  Lastly, on the back in the right armpit there is a patch torn that's dangling.  I couldn't make it out at first, so paint the cloth, but leave a bit of flesh above it.  The left shoe is missing, too.

post-14161-0-72812500-1469999536_thumb.jpgpost-14161-0-51029200-1469999615_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Quickshader seemed to go okay, but it's still got some residual stickiness even after 18 hours plus the shine.  I sprayed it with "Clear Acrylic Matte Coating" by Tree House Studio, yet it still seems shiny.  Trying to decide whether I should spray even more or try a different spray.

post-14161-0-10897400-1470276690_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      I've got more dead things for you today.  @Igormortis isn't the only one looking for some dirty dead!  Here's my little collection of swamp zombies.

The crowning jewel of this set is of course the Dreadmere Wight from Bone 4 Dreadmere.

He's got plenty of character packed into such a simple model.  I love him.

Along side him we have a repainted Zombie from D&D Giants of Legend prepaints (#40).

I've had this guy for ages, way before i learned to play D&D or ever picked up a mini brush.  His paintjob was pretty bland and I definitely think I (un)livened him up.  Would make a great shaman-type mini.

And filling out the horde we have the Zombies from the Castle Ravenloft board game.  Again.  Rather bland sculpts, but I like them a lot more now.  Their weird posture was the inspiration for the swamp theme as I imagined them pulling themselves up out of the muck.

All together, they're a fun thematic set and add for some variety to my dusty Graveyard Zombies.

Which one do you like best?
    • By Inarah
      Painted this lovely lady during a local mini-con and painting event early this year (pre-covid).  I tried for different colors of skin on her various parts, and a slinky satin fabric for her dress. 

She is checking out a new crypt I did as part of the "craft paint" challenge this spring. 

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Vietnam Zombie with gun from Citadel Miniatures of old!

This was a limited release which was linked with both the Chainsaw Warrior board game & 40K Chaos.

Thanks for looking!

• By spitfire23bc
      I mostly modelled this off Michael Proctor's paint job, and used it as an exercise in learning to push contrast and glaze unlike colours. The photos make the colours seem to little more vibrant than they are in real life. Overall very pleased with the result!

• By Inarah
      Bob Ridolfi's Graveflesh Servant (aka Bride of Frankenstein) in Bones.  I tried to get some different flesh tones on her various parts, do some bruising at the wounds, and not-exactly-sheer fabric effects.  Spent far less time on it than I should have.  

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)