Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

Sir Garrick Wolfson - an ub3r WIP

I've taken Reaper's 77373: Cuth Wolfson, Barbarian and merged his arms and helm with the body of 77008: Garrick the Bold along with a metal axe from one of Reaper's weapons packs to create this monstrous warrior of Great Renown! This is now Sir Garrick Wolfson the Mighty-Thewed!

post-7987-0-69398100-1470006025_thumb.jpegpost-7987-0-52703100-1470006033_thumb.jpegpost-7987-0-92936500-1470006040_thumb.jpegpost-7987-0-01503800-1470006049_thumb.jpeg

So far after attaching everything I added some greenstuff to the bottom to make a 1 inch base for him to steady him out as he's a little front heavy now. Hopefully Bryan like it and won't mind, it can easily be sliced off if not.

Doing this as Bryan is running the contest for Sir Forscale, but I need to be original and true to myself as a lover of all things barbaric!

The primer is actually Reaper Grey Primer mixed with Reaper Grey Liner. I find this to be a good mix for bones and metal.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 21

If I remember the rules it said that you may "do nothing to change his height, or change his scale.

I don't think you are doing that..unless his head is too large ????

Good Luck.. Nice challenge !

You could always add a creature behind him, and add a lead ball inside it for balance !

Jay

• Like 3

His scale is the same I made sure of the height as the helms were the same size. But if Bryan doesn't want him I'll keep him myself. ::P:

• Like 8

Just because he climbed out of the slime pits of Ubythria doesn't mean he's fit for decent company. I hope you will remedy this shortly.

Wut? :huh:

• Like 1

I have those GW technical paints as well. I think they are currently packed up tho. So I'd have to dig thru a bunch of boxes.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ratmaster2000
      So as I mentioned in my Mr. Bones show off, I painted up Garrick AKA ForScale to be a test run for Matte Varnishing (which didn't happen through airbrush, next time I guess), he did get a brush on varnish which went very well, so without further Ado, here is my take on Sir Forscale (overall he came out well, but his yellow shield IMHO sucks, maybe I just don't do well with yellow) C&C always welcome.

• By Talae
      I sent Reaper my only painted Sir Forscale for that contest a while back. I need to get another painted for use in pictures as a scale reference.

The last one was blue and white. I am thinking this ones might need to be red and black with a dark steel metal instead, but I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions or inspiration material?

• By WhiteWulfe
      I'm a bit delayed on these photos, as I got distracted by various things but pictures are finally taken, even if there's apparently some dust on them now >.>;;;;

Anyways!  Back in February (Feb 18th to be precise, at least according to messages I'd posted on Discord) I decided I wanted to give speed painting a whirl, in order to try and develop a few techniques that I could then apply to my Skaven horde of doom.  I also wanted to try out a few different mini holders (generic tylenol, as well as Motrin bottles) to see if I'd prefer something like the Mini Holder, or if I could just DIY something, as my current solutions tends to wind up causing my right paw to cramp up after a while, and maneuvering the miniature isn't always the easiest.  Such was partially inspired by the awesome thread @ManvsMini did about custom holders and also a desire to see whether it would be worth splurging on a Hobby Holder with Handle Mod 1.

Short version is that the Motrin bottles won out, although the generic tylenol bottle was handy because it has a lid that spins more easily...  So technically the Hobby Holder would be able to do both, AND give me a brush rest.

Anyways, I'm rambling in a show-off thread....  Originally I'd wanted to do just the one mini, but quickly wound up putting two up so I could directly compare the two bottle types I had on hand.  I think I set my goal at "finish a single mini within two hours", and I'd say I pulled that off, since I managed to do two in 2h10min...  So needless to say, rather happy about that!  Oh, it also morphed into some sort of "less than twelve colours used" and "you can only use one 10-well palette, and once a colour is in one, it's committed" challenges too, both of which I was successful with (11 paints total used, including washes, and I sure wound up using all ten wells too).  Not quite sure why I do such, but eh, it was for fun, and I had fun, which is the most important aspect of it all in my eyes!

^So first up, obvious is Sir Forscale, aka Garrick the Bold...  In Bones.

^And then Juliette, Female Sorceress, also in Bones.

And since I can't resist, yup, all done with size 0 brushes, because that's pretty much all I had on hand back then.

So, I have to playfully ask myself, what did I learn, besides the obvious aspect of a fox loves orange and black?  Uhm...  Good question.  I know I did a decent amount of drybrushing, but I also can't even remember if I used any metallic paints or not as it's been a while >.>;;;;
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      I’ve been in a rut for the last few months not producing or working on anything. Partly too busy over the holidays and partly feeling uninspired. I want to get back into it, so to that end I’m going to do something different and pretty and light-hearted. 

I present “Fade” from Mirico. She’s a gorgeous bust with very striking details and a lot of room to interpret artistically. I hope you all enjoy the WIP while you follow along and please feel free to offer your comments and critiques!

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Having a hard time getting started back up on my keeper's sanctum diorama... I think I need to purposely take a break from it and work on some other stuff to get my creative juices flowing again. I have this idea in my head for a 75mm diorama featuring black sun miniatures' "Barbarian and the Lost Princess" (Conan) vs SC75's "Brock the Wanderer" 

I'm thinking in this piece that it will have Conan carrying the princess through a dungeon type setting and then Brock standing there in front of a doorway. I'm going to really pull from artwork that I admire in regards to barbarians such as Frazetta and Patrick J. Jones.

Right now I'm cleaning off the flash and mold lines, as soon as I do that, I'll wash everything and start to assemble as much as I can without causing issues during painting. 

Mood and color scheme inspiration pic from Patrick J. Jones -

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)