Kheprera

Sir "For"Scale (Garrick The Bold 77008) Challenge WIP

Thanks all. Going to be trying new techniques on this so we'll see how it goes from here.

• Like 4

Okay, shaded metallics are done. I think...

sirbonkscale13.jpg

sirbonkscale14.jpg

sirbonkscale15.jpg

sirbonkscale16.jpg

sirbonkscale17.jpg

Colors used:

Besides the ones previously mentioned:

Reaper Master Series: 9024 Amethyst Purple, 9280 Nightmare Black, 9022 Nightshade Purple

Reaper Pro Paint: 8063 Glacier Blue

MSPHD: 29818 Nightsky Blue

Chain was done in the blues. Did a final wash with the Nightmare Black (which is dark blue) to give some depth to the chain, but then touched up the highlights with Truesilver and that killed some of those. May do a final final wash of Blue Liner when I find it.

On the plate armor I shaded with Nightshade purple and highlighted with the Amethyst purple, both mixed with some Winter Blue to Blurple it. I'm really pleased with how the shield came out.

Left to do: Gold bits, leather, green tabard, wood on the back of the shield, and *BONK!*

Plan on working on those tomorrow.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. This is my first attempt at shading metallics like this, but dang is it hard to photograph with my crappy setup. I need to get my other lights together. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kheprera
  • Like 9

I think that once you get the gold bits, leather, and green tabard done, he'll really pop! Of course, the *BONK!* will be *amazing* no matter what.

• Like 3

Must.. go into ... the liiiiight....

*cough* Sorry, where was I ... I /like it/! Reminds me of the adamantine blend I did for one of my paladins last year; didn't have near the depth, of course.

• Like 6

More progress!!

This time, greens.

sirbonkscale25.jpg

sirbonkscale27.jpg

sirbonkscale29.jpg

Based 9236 Black Green, then moved up to 29810 Mossy Green, to 29811 Turf Green, then 29812 Meadow Green (from MSPHD). Highest highlights were Pro Paint 8059 Mold with a wee bit of Meadow Green mixed in.

Trim was the same Mold color.

I also did a wash of 9065 Grey Liner, and mixed some Pro Paint 8042 Dragon Black for some touchups.

Using the same greens, I washed over the base several times to start working that up, and used the grey liner/dragon black to begin adding woodgrain lines to the back of the shield.

Toned down the shine of the metallics with a wash of grey liner.

Comments and critiques welcome.

• Like 6

Presenting the Real *BONK!*'s pattern.

I'm going to do my best to match it. :blink::wacko:

bonkpattern.jpg

Sir *BONK!*Scale for size reference....

Edited by Kheprera
  • Like 9

Welcome to freehand hell?

I think this is the first time I've seen BONK! with a known size reference.

• Like 6

Yeah. Taking a break before I start. My hands were going numb doing the tabard, so *BONK!* is going to full of AAAAAARGH!

• Like 6

Well, I was going to tell you that I have faith in your skills.. and then my keyboard tray tried to break my knees. I don't think there is a correlation, though.

BONK! is awesome. I look forward to seeing it in miniature!

• Like 7

Okay, done for tonight...

sirbonkscale30.jpg

sirbonkscale31.jpg

sirbonkscale32.jpg

sirbonkscale33.jpg

And the paint:

Added 9050 Antique Gold to the shield edging, plate edging, *BONK!*sword hilt, and a wee bit on the tabard edging though it may not show well.

*BONK!* body is PP 8061 Astral Blue, 8028 Buckskin, and RMS 9280 Nightmare Black.

*BONK!*'s head got a wash of Grey Liner, then started with 9670 Pumpkin Orange, and used the Buckskin to add highlights and then another wash of Pumpkin Orange to tone things down. Nose is Grey Liner, and his eyes are Buckskin.

Added a PP Sample color that is very close to Walnut to the back of the shield, then used Grey Liner to add a better woodgrain look. I'll be working on this off and on.

• Like 9

Okay, will be painting tonight providing my headache exits stage left. <_<

Not happy with the armor, so I'll be tweaking that. The freehand will wait until this weekend when I can be rested and focused.

Not working this weekend as I need some time off.

I will most likely not be on hangouts tonight. Have other people who want my company. ::D:

• Like 5