Sir "For"Scale (Garrick The Bold 77008) Challenge WIP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang armor is giving me fits and I'm ready to dunk him. :angry:

No pics because it seems they just aren't picking up my blends on the armor... it's all "Ooooh shiney metallic flakes!" :rolleyes:

It looks better in person, but now am unhappy with the tabard. :down:

And this is why it takes me so long to finish something. So here's a picture of the last mini I finished back in 2003...

Link because NSFW

http://www.wingedscarab.com/broken_neferu.jpg

Yup... I was dullcoating her a final time, she fell off the railing through a spiderweb and into mulch and broke in an irrepairable state. I tried, and the arm broke completely off. :down:

Anne Foerster helped me with the eyes and we worked together on developing a good skin color.

This was my first freehand (on the nemes) and basing attempt.

Edited by Kheprera
  • Like 4

Love this one! Love the colors, love the whole idea behind. Awesome work so far!!

Thou I will admit, when i first seen the basecoats this is who I thought of ::)::

(image is kinda big + not to take away from your mini)

2413657-skeletor.jpg

• Like 5

Love this one! Love the colors, love the whole idea behind. Awesome work so far!!

Thou I will admit, when i first seen the basecoats this is who I thought of ::)::

(image is kinda big + not to take away from your mini)

2413657-skeletor.jpg

:lol:

Hahaha awesome! If only I had thought of Sir Skeletor *BONK!*Scale!

• Like 5

Man, you've got some mad skills hiding away!  She looks really good!

I had the same initial reaction to seeing your model, but its just an initial reaction, you have to look at the model as a whole, not get caught up in one thing that drives you crazy.  Having said that, I did repaint the wings on mine three times before I was willing to let it go, though I still wasn't really satisfied with it as it didn't match what was in my minds's eye.

• Like 2

Okay, update...

sirbonkscale34.jpg

sirbonkscale35.jpg

sirbonkscale36.jpg

sirbonkscale37.jpg

Using the same colors for the plate and tabard, I improved the blending. I did not, this time, do a metallic wash over the armor and I'm much happier with it. Did two-brush blending on the tabard/surcoat/whatever it's called.

Did a bit of black wash on the leather bits. Will be working on those tomorrow, likely, or Friday, and then this weekend will be reserved for the dreaded freehand.

• Like 9