Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Darakan Chronicles

Recommended Posts

Robert has moved to Mykayla's side and, if the slap has not been enough to make the young man remove his hands, he will remove them for him. This will be violent if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterns calmed after speaking with the Ame, nods reassuringly, and then beckons the Ranger to step forward...

 

Ranger what ye be called?  

 

In the same breath he glances toward the silent Skoli...

 

And what of you Skoli are ye too good fer us then?  I assure you I mean you no harm...  (raises his massive hand and stretches it out toward the motionless Skoli)

 

Let us work together...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropping his hands (and rubbing the side of his face) the human takes a step back.

 

"Please... I mean no harm. But... this is all so strange. I'm sure I was dead. I'd tell you, but I... I... don't know who I am."

 

He stares down at his boots dejectedly and turns his back on the pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stepping softly to Stern's side, the skoli approaches almost between him and the sorceror.

 

Be kind and soft, Stern, if you can find it in your nature. I believe none here is an enemy & the sorceror is obviously afflicted.

 

You may have my name, Jesset Ferryl, but as for conjurations I can yet perform none. My magical studies have been cursory, for lack of a mentor, and until such time as my bow & quiver are conjured or returned I could do little to secure our general safety.

 

But worry none about this - all of you. This is a place of little sympathy these days, it seems, for I can remember no reason why i, at least, should have been gaoled. But there appears to me to be no deceit in he who led us here. And if there is a Lady Diviner here, know that all such can only receive such supernatural knowledge with the acquiesence of the gods. Mortal magic will never overturn the will of the gods...

 

So let us have names around. If this Lady sees purpose in bringing us together, it is only because the Gods see such merit. And if the Gods desire me to companion with you, I shall embrace you and care for you as I would my own kin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a piteous whine... the sorceror holds his head...

 

"I... I don't KNOW my name... I was being chased... and then I fell... and then I woke up in some cell in some... town, same as you. That's all... I feel... odd... I can feel the magic around me... I can remember a camp... my people... but only vaguely. There's a darkness where there should be my name, my home.. that's all. The dark."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to the sorceror, "I'll help you get back, one way or another, but first the other side of the door, our host and the plans for us are a more immediate concern, can you stand with us?"

 

cbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mykayla's eye soften a bit as she says to the sorcerer "Mayhap our 'host' will have answers for you and perhaps know your name. In the meantime I suggest we find out what our "host' or 'hostess' wishes." She will then make herself comfortable in a chair.

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And now we do have names around, best as we know them. I am glad to greet you. May the doors to remaining mysteries open soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody heck! Alright, after working an hour late, grabbing a bite at the mall, picking up some nessassaries, etc, etc. I finally have it here. Broods: Tell us what your character looks like. Otherwise, enjoy!

 

--Begin--

 

After what could only be a delay in your announcement, the page opens the door once more, wide to permit your entrance to the main chamber. The first things you notice about the large room are glass windows to the southern side, showing off the crystal waters of the Great Southern Sea. The sun his high in the sky, leaving columns of light playing out onto thick rugs covering the stone flooring. Along the northern wall are more tapestries, showing the valorous history of the Telloras family. The air is cool despite all the sun shining in. Faint incense can be detected, lending a pleasant citrus scent to the air. The only two people you can see in such a spacious room are a diminutive woman in a plain white robe, and a man. (OOC: Whom the GM doesnít know what he looks like, so will leave it to Brooding Paladin to tell us all what his Mystery Man looks like)

 

The small woman smiles at the group coming in, a relieved look upon her porcelain features. Her raven-black hair is pulled back from her face. Her wide, too purple eyes are her most noticeable feature, looking ancient and wise in such a young woman.

 

ìThank the Heavens.î She says, stepping forward to meet the group. ìMy apologies for your treatment, but it was done with the best intentions, I assure you.î She looks at each of her guests, favoring them with a smile. A strange, calming effect comes over most. Not like a preternatural charm, but an assurance that no harm will befall you while in this womanís presence. ìPlease,î she says ìCome, I know you hunger, both from body and mind. I will have food brought.î She nods to the Page, who darts out once more.

 

She walks to the Man, turning to look at the group once more. ìI cannot express my sorrow over your treatment, but I do extend my apologies. To use an old Islander phrase: No man or beast should be caged.î Her eyes focus on the Islander a moment, then to the rest. ìMy name is Baleah, Diviner to Lord Hadran Tellorasóì She pauses, glancing down at the floor a moment. Her voice continues, but softer. ìWell, now Lord Caelein Hadran, Lord Hadrenís Heir. Lord Caelein is not of age to reign in his own right. His Regent is Ovellan Fedlak, appointed by my former Lord at his birth.î She makes a soft sigh and continues, her voice stronger. ìBut Searoad is in dark times. Strange deaths plague this city, and the surrounding region.  Some, like my Lordís, were caused by the Gods claiming their own. Others were... less natural.î She clears her throat and looks to the Man standing with her. ìThis is Warrick Greywynd, a Scout in my Lordís service, and an invaluable assistant to the Guard in these times.î

 

She turns her attention back to the Group. ìI have no way to ask other than directly: Searoad needs you, all of you. I have seen each of you in this effort. You have all been chosen by the Gods. I cannot force you to do this, I can only ask that you answer the Gods call. But if you do answer, the Gods will do what they can to protect you. They cannot do that which you all are destined, but they will look kindly upon all of you.î

 

She looks intently at the Group, even the Man who is her companion in the room. Her too-purple eyes searching each of you. ìWill you do this?î She asks simply.

 

--end--

 

--there it is, kids, again, sorry about the delay.

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warrick bows to the woman.  "My sword and my oath belong to my fallen Lord, his chosen heir, and to you, my Lady.  It would be treasonous not to accept such an honor and responsibility.  I will go."

 

Warrick takes a light step to take a nearby flag of Searoad by the corner and raises it to his lips in a salute of honor.  The look in his eyes is one of devotion and his hand rests on his sword.  Releasing the flag he steps back and watches the others with an intense curiosity, wondering what they will do given so little information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is little apology necessary for the quarters, at least. I have slept far more uncomfortable places than your stone-walled gaol. As for the Gods' call you relate, well... Lady, my own birth, even the hue of my skin has always by my people been taken as a sign that the Gods' have an interest in my life.

 

[reaching up near her throat while speaking, she places her hand round a polished wooden token]

 

I had hoped that I could serve them in the woods of my homeland, but circumstances have sent me forth from the glades to the cities.

 

No part of my life feels created by chance, so I do not doubt that I am in this room now for a purpose of the gods' own choosing.

 

I will work to fight unnatural death in these lands. In many ways that is not so different a war from that which I fought for the last 5 years.

 

But for this war, I am poorly armed. You, I trust, hold my bow and sword? I will need them when we go forth.

 

But I say "We" too quickly...

 

Who among you five will also join this fight?

 

Stern? If your name reflect your manner as well as it has seemed these past hours, I believe you would be valuable and steadfast as an allies amidst falling blows.

 

Robert? If I guess right, we have had similar training. I would welcome the companionship of a Ranger trained.

 

Mykayla? I do not know your power, but if I guess right, your talent lies in magik-working. This and your calm, insightful mind could be valuable against a hidden enemy.

 

Ametrine? You seem, if anything, more implaccable than stern. Your steady loyalty & heavy hand may be needed to protect those unable to stand against an armed foe.

 

And you, whose name is a hole in your heart? Your life is troubled, this is clear. Could you render service to others, abiding patiently for your own healing? or is this too much to ask of you until you are healed? Whatever your gifts, I know they must be potent, rare, or both if the gods brought you here. Will you ally with us, placing second your own care?

 

Or perhaps this is too much for some of you to decide now? Perhaps food and talk should be our first business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Occ posting for smokin' as he is out of town til Moday. He gave me the "to do and don't" list)

 

 Robert and Mykayla confer quietly a moment. Mykayla then steps forward as says. " Robert and I will help."

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...