Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Darakan Chronicles

Recommended Posts

Wheee! Another posting up! Egads this one's late! I'll try, really, really try to get these things up earlier....

 

--Begin--

 

Beleah sits down once more, listening to the questions put before her. She nods to the page that refills her glass, then toys with her glass stem a moment before looking at the group.

 

ìI understand your suspicions, I truly do. But to answer your questions, yes. There have been more deaths. And few of them natural.î She inhales deeply, then sits straighter. ìAs I mentioned earlier, there has been one death every seventhday for two moons. But if you wish the butcherís bill, I will give it to you. The first was Markham Brightwater, then Abbot Cullen, then Chief Constable Elliot. Then a fire broke out in the manse of Aelithon Swiftbow, an Elven Merchant who was quite vocal in our community. Then a strange choice was made when Jack the Ratcatcher was found, dead as well. The Captain of the ëSwiftseaí, Nels Olfssen was the sixth, but why the Men would choose him, even I cannot divine. The seventh was Sir Cael Griffinheart, my own Lord Hadrenís Champion. Sir Cael did not go alone, beheading his own assassin while that... Man cut Sir Caelís throat. The last one, only two nights ago was Lord Hadren himself...î

 

The Diviner pauses, almost visably trying to compose herself. She sighs, offering a small smile to the party. ìThe wound is fresh.î She says, hoping the group to understand. ìRegent Fedlak is in Greenwood at the moment. When Lord Hadren was... discovered. Word was rushed to him, We should see him in the next few days, the Gods willing.î

 

A page steps into the room, silently crossing to Beleah. A few whispered words and a nod to her, and she smiles, brighter this time. ìGood companions.î She says. ìYour equipment has been brought up, and is in the Antechamber. But the hour is late, and even a Diviner needs her rest.î She stands and looks to the group again. ìMilord Warrick has more information about the Sorrowful Men than I do, I will leave things in his capable hands. Since your Stern has so graciously retired, please accept our hospitality this eve. I have taken the liberty of having a room for each of you prepared. Sleep well.î

 

Beleah wishes every (awake) member of the party a good night, and leaves for her own chambers.

 

--End--

 

--It's a short one, and it's near the end of the scene, Warrick will have more info, so Beleah can step out and get her beauty rest. So go RP the night Away!

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head still thumping like the over-sized heart of a grey troll, Stern's day begins well before dawn. He makes his way from the sleeping quarters over to the antechamber wherein he finds his gear, breastplate, and weaponry. †He quickly begins to equip himself accordingly.

 

Blast that wine, me aching head!

 

"Karamor!" (gently picks up his sturdy silver greatsword, poses mockingly in a variety of potentially lethal combat stances). †Most impressive for a man of his size. † †

 

"Aye, tis good ta feel ya in me hands again ma' beauty"

 

Stern checks through the rest of his gear and begins to prepare himself for the days journey. He starts with a silent †prayer...

 

Who ever these "men" are, I shall not yield to them, you must be strong Stern in mind and body... Great and powerful War Gods hear me... Bless this journey and may my father's warrior spirit stand to my flank, always... Guide us through battle unto victory or, if fate would have it, an honorable †and painful death.

 

Stern stays by his gear, removes a Whetstone, and methodically attends to his blades. †They will be very sharp within minutes... †Calling for a page, Stern asks him about the condition of his war dog and requests she be returned to him prior to their departure. †

 

Tis a good day to die... †I shall defend this party at all costs, no man or demon spirit will disuade me.

 

Stern is ready to depart. †He will quietly wait for the others to arrive in the antechamber and speak to them of things he may have missed while he was "out"...

 

 

SK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been caged for too long... I don't think I can stay within these stone walls...

 

The woods have ever sheltered me, Lady. I would sleep under the stars, in the comfort of high branches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shall recover my weaponry, checking it for any damage.

 

How have I come to this place? Who are these people who speak of assassins in the night. How can I help in such a quest? Or maybe to try and help is enough?

 

String my bow, test the weight a few times to ensure it has not been exposed to the damp.

 

This will be no Orc hunt. My heart has many questions and my head no answers. Yet I am sworn to the safety of Mykayla - stick to that and perhaps others will lead us to where we need to be.

 

Spend a troubled night on an unfamiliar bed.

 

I just wish that hulking brute would bathe.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ame not so politely, nor quietly, follows Balaeh as she leaves the chamber, and is soon happily reunited with her hammer.

 

hello old friend, oh have I ever missed you, you are well treated, your familiar weight is comforting to me...

 

After a few testing swings and hefts, she returns to the dining hall to see where the others are heading. †As the party appears to be retiring for the night, she too, heads to the room provided her, stopping again in the antechamber to claim the remainder of her gear.

 

if only I knew the why of this puzzle, the who, hmm, she thinks as she paces the length of her room, as quietly as she can, what an interesting group we make, the man with head trouble, the big oaf with drink trouble, the elven ladies, though one is different, well they both are different than other elves I've met, the one has that other man, and the fancy lady's man knows more, what an interesting group we make. †they said something about their companions, I wonder what that means, more people or animals? hmm...

 

eventually, Ame will sleep lightly, restlessly, and be awake and pacing again before dawn

 

is it too early to be out, I hate waiting for these lazabeds, we have work to do, lets begin the doing of it, bet that fancy lady feeds us good this morning as well, more to add, bet that oaf is not feeling chipper this morning, hmm,

 

And Ame makes her way back to the antechamber to see who is up and if no one is up, she plans on pacing down there for a while...

 

cbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stern pauses, seeing Ametrine enter the antechamber, he greets her in a low but enthusiastic tone...

 

"G'morn to ya me small friend!" †"No hard feelin's 'bout last night" (kneels down to one knee and offers forth his right arm). †"I t'was a bit outta me head with ale."

 

"What would you make of this quest m'friend?" †"Did I miss any thun' last night after I went under?" (looks curiously at Ame, hoping for acknowledgment from the dwarf).

 

"And a fine hammer ya have there?" †"Might I have a look at that?" †(If Ame allows, Stern swings the hammer a few times)

 

"I'd be happy ta re-wrap that grip fer ya, weaponsmithing is my speciality..." †(Again, if Ametrine allows, Stern spends 30 minutes carefully replacing the worn grip with a several feet of fine leather...) †As he works on the ancient hammer's grip, he tells Ame of his family and his father's untimely murder at the hands of the red orcs

 

(If applicable), Stern hands the hammer back to Ametrine.

 

The torch light flickers in the early morning dawn, casting strange shadows throughout the antechamber...

 

"So Dwarf, tell me of yer past battles.." †

 

SK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That morning, the Islander is awakened by the angry barking and chittering of a small grey squirrel. Their eyes lock and an instant of recognition floods into his mind.

 

"Nutkin!"

 

The squirrel leaps from the branches above into his arms and the Islander pets his familiar.

 

He laughs as the squirrel darts out of his hands and gathers a score of acorns, bringing them back to his master's hand.

 

"Ha! Thank you for the breakfast, my friend!" He scratches the squirrel's head and gathers the acorns.

 

This is a good sign... perhaps the rest of my memories will return soon.

 

Climbing down, he goes back into the antechamber, smiling as he enters, Nutkin in his usual place on his shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving up the unequal struggle, Robert decides there is no chance of getting back to sleep on this hard surface. There is light filtering through from outside anyway. I dress and make myself as neat as possible before heading on an explore. I will try to get to a tower top, or open wall, and greet the sun.

This respite completed, Robert returns to the chamber.

 

Aah. The dwarf, the giant and the mad barbarian. Where is Mykayla? She seems to know how to talk to these people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to Stern, as he is only one here at present, "G'morn to yourself. †Of course, there are no hard feelings about last night, what would hard feelings serve, nothing, that's what, and if we're to be working together, plain speaking be best", †Ame looks him square in the eyes, and takes the offered arm. †"You were more than a bit into your cups, this will not be your habit while working with me, it is too counterproductive, and a waste of good food."

 

Ame tries to remember what part of the conversation he was absent from, "What do you remember from before you left your senses?" †she counters, unstringing her bundle off of her shoulder. †(at Stern's answer, she'll do her best, to fill in his blanks without admitting she tuned out the chitchatter.)

 

As Stern admires her hammer and rewraps the worn grip, Ame pulls pickled onions out of the bundle, offers Stern one, and proceeds to chomp away quite happily, loudly, enthusiastically on several, fully aware the aroma is not pleasant to one who spent a night intoxicated. †She nods and asks a few clairification questions during Stern's tale, as she finishes her onions.

 

Ame takes her hammer back, gives it a few swings, thanks Stern, "A fine job, you have done, know this hammer will be at your back. †Can I share some of my treats?", she offers as she pulls out some over ripe, pungent cheese, and greasy, spicy hard sausages.

 

As the dawn light starts to enter the antechamber, Ame loudly, and aromiously, relates her reason for being on the island. †All the while slowly eating these latest delights from her bundle, and as her enthusiasm increases so does her volume and her movement, often punctuating interesting notes of her story with punches and shoves of a good hearted variety.

 

As her tale winds down, Ame greets the Islander who came in during the telling, "and a fine day to you, sleep better than the previous night? †and who is your little friend?", she beams.

 

She smiles and nods to the last entrant to the chamber, "and a fine day to you as well, sir."

Robert, was it, I hate new names, I never get them right, I don't want to insult him, he seems a bit put off as it is....

 

cbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugbear's backside!, them onions are turnin' me stomach... Arrggh, and that blood sausage! †Stern, you must think of somethin' else...

 

Stern, enjoying the company of the female dwarf, tries with all his strength to resist the pungent oder of pickled onions, †lingering flatulence, and other food stuffs...

 

Nodding to the ranger Stern speaks, "Greetings Ranger!, I trust ye'll string that bow up well fer I can be sure that ye'll be needin' it often." †Good to see ya up and lookin' so prepared. †

 

Stern then shifts his view to the young islander mage, "Wizard, don't move ye've got a wee beast that's attached itself ta yer neck!" †"Stey where ya are, I'll cut it loose!" †He moves swiftly toward the mage, but is quickly convinced by Ame that it is nothing more than the mage's familiar... Stern scratches his thick mop of blonde tangled †hair and slowly moves back to sit with the dwarf.

 

Where are the others? †I'll be an old man farin' we begin this blasted journey... †By the Gods those pickled onions! †Oh no...

 

Stern ungraciously vomits all over his boots.

 

Ametrine begins to chuckle and offers Stern another piece of blood sausage.

 

SK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ame does chuckle, and then helps Stern clean up the floor. †She finds a page and arranges to have bathing facilities available for all who require them (like herself). †Ame enjoyed her sport and now is quite serious while asking Stern, "I haven't killed you, have I, or the fledgling friendship we share, I hope. †This was all done in good humor, a bit overdone, but no harm was intended."

 

She takes her leave to make use of the bathing facilities, the stench of pickles onions, gaol, and vomit have combined most foully. †She will return, once she can stand the smell of herself again, fully geared up to start making progress on their task at hand.

 

cbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mykayla enters as Stern so elegantly loses what was in her stomach, her eye brows rise as she looks at the dwarf and her blood sausage, her lips quirk briefly into a smile before she 'composes' herself. She is dressed in a full length 'gown' that is split to the thighs on both side to allow for movement, it is a deep midnight blue, with matching boots and a dark gray cloak. A sword hangs from her belt and she caries a staff in her right left hand.

†"I was thinking of seeing about breakfast, but I see some have already eaten." mischief dances in her eyes as she continues "And I think others may not be quite so ready for a meal. Perhaps I can fix up an herbal remedy to help your situation?"

†She then turns to Robert. "Did you sleep well last night?"

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After dinner, Jesset will rise, following the others to the antechamber. Reunited with the sword she has carried this past 50 years, she tests balance and heft against her memory. Her body following from one fluid movement into another, she slowly walks through an imaginary battle that ends directly in front of her scabbard. Lifting the scabbard and uncoupling it from its shoulder-belt, she sheathes her sword and passes through the same imaginary battle, with the same fluid movements as before, the added weight of the scabbard testing her arms. If any come and go from this chamber during her practice-dance, she pays them only silent attention.

 

Her bow, smoothly joined in a composite of wood, sinew, horn, and glue, lies carefully on the floor in a near triangle. The tips of the bow's two ends almost meeting. And yet, from this trio of straight lines separated only by two precise angles, Jesset recreates the familiar curved lines of the traditional elven bow simply by bending the tips fully backward and anchoring them each to the other with a strong piece of owlbear gut. Eyes closed, she raises & draws the bow, spinning in a slow circle, halting and opening her eyes again in the exact same direction that she originally faced.

 

With that, she gathers her things and asks a man-at-arms to guide her to her room. Trancing for several hours, she ponders the words of her host - those public as well as private. Still several hours before dawn after her 1/2 night's trance, Jesset fully armors herself and takes her bow with her. Asking permission to walk the walls, she does so until dawn, breathing the crisp air of the sea, so unlike the warmly nuanced air of the deep woods. As the sun rises she focuses on the brilliantly changing colors so rarely visible from within the wood.

 

This is still a new thing, greeting the sun at the moment of his rising. It is glorious! I see now why so many devote their lives to the sun gods' worship. I miss my home, but if I ever live to return, I shall remain ever restless within it for the lack of this beautiful sight. I must always endeavor to see this for as long as I abide outside the forests.

 

Having taken her in the sunrise, she leaves the walls to wander the castle gardens a bit. Asking a nearby man-at-arms for a few arrows, she practices a few smooth shots against a military target, then returns the arrows to the guard. About an hour after sunrise, she figures the long-sleeping races must now be arisen, so she journeys back to her bedchamber and lades herself with pack and weapons. Finally, she journey to the open hall, hoping she will not wait long for the entire party to reunite.

 

Finding so many awake, she smiles gladly.

 

"It is good to see you folk arisen." she greets them. Slinging her pack off her shoulders to the floor, she continues, "Has any seen Warrick? I would be off on this adventure, but we still do not know what this adventure truly be. Anyone for food and counsel? I hope that by this day's end we may begin our search for these deadly Men, but we must spend some time in deciding where this search will itself begin. I have Halva, cranberry-paper, jerked venison, and smoked salmon for any who would eat with me, though we might instead take fresh food from our Lady's table while we may. More than likely we will only have trail rations soon enow."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stern and Ame clean up the mess. †Ame exits. †Stern then greets the others who've entered the chamber.

 

In his best Elven tounge- Stern speaks, "G'morn to ya Jesset and Mykayla!

 

"Jesset ma friend, I'll haff a pass on yer food offerings (Stern looks down at the ground and back to Jesset) "but thanks fer the offer and thanks fer looking after me last night"... Ame told me ya tended to me after I went under..." †

 

Stern looks toward Mykayla, "Mykayla I'd look kindly upon an herbal remedy that ya might offer me as me guts are still protestin'..."

 

"Ya both seem ready ta go... †Now where's that rogue?

 

 

SK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mykayla smiles slightly and inclines her head at Stern. "I shall go prepare it for you." She is back shortly with a mug containing a steaming herbal brew. " Now mind you it smells as bad as it taste, but it will settle you stomach. Sometimes the cure is worse than the malady, an unfortunate side effect to medicines." She hand the mug to Stern, it's up to him whether he drinks it or not, but it will help.

 She looks at the other and says, "I see we are only missing Warrick and her "ladyship" Baleah. Perhaps we should seek them in the dinning hall. A most logical place to start at this time of the morning, don't you think?" ( O.O.C. And yes, she is sounding a bit "superior" at the moment. It's the "elf" coming out, can't help it.) And she turns and heads towards to dining hall, waiting long enough for Robert, so that they may walk together.

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...