ub3r_n3rd

Hobby Report - First and Best (so far)! [Group/Open]

8 hours ago, Mclimbin said:

This is a great topic! It's really fun to see how everyone has progressed. These are not really comparable since they are different scales, but still, they show a bit of a difference.

The first one is probably my third mini. I was super proud that I had gotten the eyes in the wizard's head and a red dot on the wand.

Maybe 12 years after, here is one of my latest: a bust by FeR miniatures. I hope you like them!

Edit: Oops, the order got swapped. Oh, well, I think you can figure out which is which...

5992b96b9d205_PitFighter.thumb.jpg.f3e8273c27b3d20daf7da5dafd850d45.jpg5992b8bddc1b4_bluewizard.jpg.6f5365c7b1baa3364e80ffae3a2bb783.jpg

Fantastic advancement!

I just ordered the Red Lion bust the other day!

• Like 7

5993a957c9337_heritagefirstorcA.JPG.07f0d93bfaf7f7c76b170fe395ee0d64.JPG5993a9581fb6e_heritagefirstorcB.JPG.b1224f194db1da27e78d1a62bd99230b.JPG5993a9586df56_heritagefirstorcC.JPG.ccfe519969c6fd1602ee1e74ed240e0c.JPG5993a958b8528_heritagefirstorc.JPG.145a7b720e327d4171961147bd61cee8.JPG

So way back in the early eighties, when I was a teen/pre-teen, this was probably the first miniature I actually painted with acrylic paints.   I had my very first painted miniature, a Grenadier hobbit with a dagger, which I had painted in glorious Testors, but later ended up stripping him right before I discovered EBay and ended up getting another one. 

As for my best figure, who knows?  I usually end up liking whatever I do most recently best.  Here's one I thought turned out nicely that I painted for my wife for Christmas:

5993aadd897b5_aztecBubbliciousfront1.JPG.d63cca9bfb1e16a33529846bf8b86999.JPG

• Like 18

On 8/2/2016 at 2:18 PM, robinh said:

These are mine from the early 80's all done with oil / enamel paints (all they had at the time)

post-12816-0-68661900-1470172575_thumb.jpg  post-12816-0-82344500-1470172571_thumb.jpg

Then the more recent ones from my return to the hobby.  (with acrylic paints now..mostly Reaper)

post-12816-0-18594500-1470172651_thumb.jpg post-12816-0-20438900-1470172665_thumb.jpg

post-12816-0-80266900-1470172659_thumb.jpg post-12816-0-75055800-1470172668_thumb.jpg

Curious, what figure is the little pumpkin guy and the larger beast with the pumpkin head? I'd love to paint those up for our Halloween D&D campaign! Thanks!

I've only done two minis so far my first being the dwarf cleric, a custom mold I ordered from hero forge. Below is my second the reaper ice troll. I plan on repainting the dwarf because I dropped him and his arm snapped off :(

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

• Like 13

Those would be 01545: pumpkin headed bugbear and 01549" headless mousling

Both from Repear but the mousling was a limited release.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, robinh said:

Those would be 01545: pumpkin headed bugbear and 01549" headless mousling

Both from Repear but the mousling was a limited release.

Thank you!

• Like 3

On 8/15/2017 at 10:21 AM, ub3r_n3rd said:

Fantastic advancement!

I just ordered the Red Lion bust the other day!

Thanks ub3r!
You'll love him. He was a blast to paint.

• Like 2

On 2017-8-16 at 8:47 AM, Sushiroll said:

Curious, what figure is the little pumpkin guy and the larger beast with the pumpkin head? I'd love to paint those up for our Halloween D&D campaign! Thanks!

I've only done two minis so far my first being the dwarf cleric, a custom mold I ordered from hero forge. Below is my second the reaper ice troll. I plan on repainting the dwarf because I dropped him and his arm snapped off :(

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

Cool!!!

• Like 6

Still so much to learn! 

Pictures got switched. Second one is the older minis.

20170820_095002.jpg

20170820_094844_001.jpg

Edited by slash486
Pictures swapped.
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

Posting to bring this to newer Forumites Attention. Also, so I can find it later on to post my First/Most recent.

GF

Thanks!

looking forward to your post ::):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll have to find the box some of my first minis are in.... I kind of want to show off that Dark Eldar figure anyways... ^_^;;;;

• Like 5

This was one of the first things I did when I got back into the hobby and it's pretty dire, the color choices alone are bad and then finari the last thing I painted and I think the best NMM I have done to date.

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

• Like 13

First figure (at least that I can recall, there may have been some in the early 80’s):

Also most recent. I’ve got some on the way. My 10 year old is pushing to do another paint demo/lesson at FLGS, so I have to try keeping up. ;) and yes, I realise my photography skills also leave something to be desired, but they should improve with time as well.

FDCEB143-F635-49B2-B597-2D0B0B6D1F35.jpeg

Edited by Lostbug
  • Like 13