Hobby Report - First and Best (so far)! [Group/Open]

ub3r_n3rd

I like this idea. I've already posted my first few minis here awhile ago but I might post them for this thread as well, but it will have to wait until after Gencon because my most recent one that I'm fairly pleased with is going to be in the Gencon painting contest.

I was planning on making a show off thread when I got back. Should I repost the picture here as well or just link to the other thread?

I'd do both, have your own show-off thread and post both pics of your first few minis and your most recent GenCon entry when you can. Maybe just edit your post in here with a place holder to be added later. ::D:

• Like 4

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First was actually waaay back in my initial try at mini painting, from 1992 I think.

91_Minotaur_f.JPG91_Minotaur_b.JPG

[edited to add] Here's the first one from a false start for my current try at teh hobby in 2011 (I consider my current run starting in 2012):

Gnoll.jpeg

Best...hard to say. Probably Rollo, I love a lot of the textures I got; the rusty tmm on the scabbard, the worn leather.

Rollo_1.jpgRollo_2.jpg

how did you do your metallics??  love it and i suck at them. 

• Like 3

how did you do your metallics??  love it and i suck at them.

Vallejo Model Air metallics, lots of glazing with shadow colors. Basically I took what I learned from NMM and used metallic paint for my mids and highs, glazing with non-metallics for the shadows. Then some thin highlights with metallics to put wear/scratches on edges.

Too bad about the forum troubles of 2014 of which we shall not speak. I usually document all this info here pretty well. So much good info has been lost over the last couple years.

• Like 11