Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
After assembling the Graveyard Golem I decided I wanted to adjust the warp of the gates on the golem's back.
So using two copper staples, I shaped them to an arch and gouged a notch on each wing. Then cut the staple to leave a sharp point. After that, I insert the staple using pliers and force.
Next I will secure the wire to the gate posts with superglue and then shape the wire and wing to the desired warp. Once setup I will glue the wire to the remaining gate bars.
With the main new bars secured, I will intertwine some floral wire to dress up the bars and gate wings.
Stay tuned and Enjoy. Please stay safe.
Like the title says this new year marks the start of my fifth year of miniature painting. Though I've managed to learn a lot both through this forum and the internet at large I still haven't learned proper layering. To anyone who has ever stumbled across any of my projects I'm sure this comes as no surprise. So armed with a Reaper gift card, obtained over the holidays, I decided it was time to finally learn layering.
If it wasn't clear I picked up the 2nd Learn to Paint kit.
With the instructions in hand I started work on the first model (77068 Anirion the Elf Wizard). Oddly enough after four years of painting this will be the first wizard I've ever painted.
Just like the first Learn to Paint kit the instructions are great. I actually got so caught up in going through the steps painting the robe that I completely forgot to take pictures. That may not sound like a compliment but believe me it is.
After just an hour or so I ended the night with a very nice looking cloak. Though I must admit I didn't push the shadows or the highlights nearly hard enough it is still a great improvement over my usual results.
Unfurl the mainsails and weigh anchor! Finally got around to showing off this fantastic pirate captain mini. Though I've collected quite a few pirate minis in preparation for a nautical D&D campaign, this model was the first I have painted outside of the LTP Kit. I felt he was missing something pretty important so I sculpted a hat for him. Pretty happy with the result. You can see more about how I painted him and my other nautical-themed minis in my Dark Tide WIP thread HERE.
I am most proud of the jacket and sleeves which I wanted to appear as worn leather. I think I was successful. I look forward to painting up a crew for this captain. Recently discovered a few pirate crews from Warmachine that are calling my name.
Another tabletop lady - tried stronger source lighting and focused on trying to smoothly blend the very pale skin. Also managed to make a reasonable base with the greenstuff roller this time - so overall happy to try these things out on her, including the flowers.
Who's Online 26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)