Kingdom Death Sci-Fi Twilight Knight Pinup

Cleaned, primed and based. Ready for paint! This one should stay SFW, if I do add a tiny bit of color to the forbidden spots, I'll do it at the end of the project :)

Scifi_TK_WIP_1.jpg

I did learn one thing about CMoN's plastic bases, they're not the 'good' model plastic that melts with model cement (as KD's plastic does). So I needed to break out the superglue and will keep fingers crossed she stays put. I may need to pin her if she breaks loose, and I hate pinning high heels! One upside to the failed model cement experiment: I pushed her down pretty hard, so her feet conformed a bit better to the base.

• Like 14

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, the hips on that sculpt.

That's what's inspiring the palette, actually. Might be a week or two before I get to it, but it should be a wild one.

I love the hips on this one. It's the top half that's messing with me haha!

I'm curious to see what colors you come up with ::D:

• Like 2

The size of the hips isn't the problem, it's that the legs are the same length even tho' she's got her right hip jutting out at a coquettish angle. It's just not quite right.

I have a couple other KD figures and they look great. There was something about this one that I didn't quite like. 

I'm interested to see what colors Cash chooses. I have another copy of this figure, having painted one for a friend. Looking for inspiration.

Edited by SirLarpsAlot
  • Like 3

like most it... just not sold on the pink sword.

Not ORANGE enough for ya:huh:  ::P:

hummmm now there's a color that just might WORK!    fits right in with her skin tone!   I never would have thought of that!

• Like 4

For those confused: this is not a painted mini, I digitally painted it with a small translucent brush in GIMP. Great for quickly looking at colors. If you split layers out (hair is layer 1, clothes layer 2 etc) you can really go nuts once you finish.

I'll post some pics of that tomorrow, though I liked how it looked so I stopped layering and dumped most of it into a single layer, woops!

• Like 3