Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Frostgrave at ReaperCon

Well, game submission is open, I see that Craig Fox has a Frostgrave game scheduled for 10am on Thursday, and there are no other games listed.

How should we handle scheduling the games?  Figure out when a couple of us are available and book the time?  Try and lock down a table for a day or two?  Just try and play pick up games at open tables?

I know we all have different schedules and and wants (classes, games and seeing people) so I'm not expecting for someone to hold down a table all day.

What days and times are best for people?

• Like 1

I would say try and lock down a table for a day or two that way people can fit a game in whenever schedules allow. It would also allow whatever terrain that we can scrape together to be left set up, instead of trying to set it up each time, especially if 2-3 or more different people bring some.

For me, Friday is wide-open; I have no classes scheduled.

• Like 2

Time blocks where I booked classes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THU.....130—330

FRI.......10a—Noon

FRI.......400—600

SAT......10a—Noon

SUN.....1230—230

Looks like I have Friday early afternoon open...

All afternoon Saturday...

Late afternoon Thursday...

• Like 2

I would like to join in on some Frostgrave gaming. Never played, read the rules a little, bought some stuff for terrain, but never put it together...

• Like 1

Well, game submission is open, I see that Craig Fox has a Frostgrave game scheduled for 10am on Thursday, and there are no other games listed.

How should we handle scheduling the games?  Figure out when a couple of us are available and book the time?  Try and lock down a table for a day or two?  Just try and play pick up games at open tables?

I know we all have different schedules and and wants (classes, games and seeing people) so I'm not expecting for someone to hold down a table all day.

I'm going to suggest finding 2-3 people to run events, one person to coordinate those 2 or 3 people, and each of them give that one person an available time to run. Then the Organizer submit as many events as possible to give the maximum number of people possible an opportunity to play - but only one game (table) per time slot - if you've got two table and nobody shows up you're stuck, but if you could have had two tables (two GMs) and nobody shows up at least you know there are two available players (two GMs). 

If an event "sells out" then consider trying to open a second table of the same game at that time, if you are able.

How big are tables?

Frostgrave is a little game that only needs a 4x4 foot area.

One big table might support two games? (edit)

Edited by TGP

How big are tables?

We have 4 foot round tables and 6' rectangular tables.

We have 6 foot round tables and 8' rectangular tables.

Edited by ladystorm
incorrect sizes fixed

I'm going to suggest finding 2-3 people to run events, one person to coordinate those 2 or 3 people, and each of them give that one person an available time to run. Then the Organizer submit as many events as possible to give the maximum number of people possible an opportunity to play - but only one game (table) per time slot - if you've got two table and nobody shows up you're stuck, but if you could have had two tables (two GMs) and nobody shows up at least you know there are two available players (two GMs). 

If an event "sells out" then consider trying to open a second table of the same game at that time, if you are able.

That Sounds like a plan. So anyone want to step up to run some events? I don't mind coordinating and running a couple, but I also wanted to run some DnD (plus play and socialize. If you are interested, Post the times you want to cover and I'll submit the events. Or if someone else wants to run things, say so and I'll give you my times.

How big are tables?

We have 4 foot round tables and 6' rectangular tables.

We have 6 foot round tables and 8' rectangular tables.

Guys, it sounds like one rectangular 8 foot table would support two simultaneous one-on-one games. Or one big game with three to five players.

• Like 2

Be aware, online grid does not reflect actual availability.

Table space is almost gone.  Submit your activities quickly. (today is ideal, tomorrow could be too late)

Wait-listing for space will be necessary.

• Like 1