Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Frostgrave at ReaperCon

That my go to plan for figs. I'll be painting some new one but I'm not sure I'll have. A whole war and done.

And terrain would be welcome. I can't bring much as I'll be flying. The game plays better (imnsho) with lots of terrain. Like Mordheim.

• Like 3

And terrain would be welcome. I can't bring much as I'll be flying. The game plays better (imnsho) with lots of terrain. Like Mordheim.

Be specific in needs/wants, and I'll try to accommodate as much as possible.

Also, since I've never even seen the rules, some feedback on what to bring for a warband would be helpful. Are base sizes and shapes relevant? As I understand it, most of the common sense rules applies for proxies (they should look like what they are proxy for, and be different enough from other models so as not to cause confusion). Anything else I should know up front?

~v

Shakandara,

Models: two spellcaster types (Wizard/apprentice)

8 other models for a total of 10 in the Warband.

Having about 10 spares to select from would provide options for the band you put together. (So 2 + 8 + 10)

Basic henchman list, by figure, and gear description:

Warhound (or some similar beast)

No armor w/hand weapon

No armor w/dagger

Leather, bow, dagger

Leather, Xbow, dagger

Leather, great weapon

Leather, staff, bow

Leather, shield, hand weapon

Leather, hand weapon, dagger

Mail, shield, hand weapon

Mail, great weapon

Leather, bow, dagger

Barbarian, great weapon

Staff, potion

Mail, Xbow, hand weapon

Round bases are what they show in the rulebooks, except maybe the hound on a cavalry base? And some monsters on squares. (Looking closer I think I see a few oval integral bases on some figures.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

Are base sizes and shapes relevant? As I understand it, most of the common sense rules applies for proxies (they should look like what they are proxy for, and be different enough from other models so as not to cause confusion).

Base shape and size don't matter as long as no one is being a butt and putting a soldier on a CD and insisting on measuring B2B.

Ron

• Like 4

Are base sizes and shapes relevant? As I understand it, most of the common sense rules applies for proxies (they should look like what they are proxy for, and be different enough from other models so as not to cause confusion).

Base shape and size don't matter as long as no one is being a butt and putting a soldier on a CD and insisting on measuring B2B.

Ron

This. Figures are considered to be in melee if they are within BTB of each other; they can initiate combat if they come within one inch of each other ("snapping to" each other if either side desires).

As for terrain, anything that can help block line of sight is good. Several spells have a LOS range so anything that can break it up is good. There are some scenarios that have specific requirements; six huts, a well, a large tower with two adjoining smaller towers, a mausoleum and more that I don't recall. Full buildings are good, as are ruins. I personally find it more interesting if there is a vertical component to the terrain. I enjoy roof top battles and pushing my opponents off of the edge to their doom.

• Like 2

@TGP: Thanks for the list of generic descriptions. I'll pull together a group of painted figs to use as a warband.

@Dilvish: Ok, I have a full village of 4"x6" single story houses (6), 4"x4" 2-story houses (2), a 6"x6" L-shaped tavern, and a 6"x11" cross-shaped church - all ruins, all already painted. If I were extremely motivated, the buildings are designed so that the ruins can be completed, and turned into complete structures. I also have a large (wide) bridge that is complete and painted. I'll see if I can get a few pics up so you know what the pieces look like.

I can work on a larger tower; I think I have all (or nearly all) of the parts cast already that I'd need to build something on the order of a 6" or 8" round one. I also have some super cool parts for making a mausoleum.

I'll see what vejlin and I can get done before the con, and how much is practical to pack.

~v

• Like 1

Anything would be appreciated.  I'm planning on bring two small towers (originally birdhouses from Michaels) and a bridge as well as some smaller scatter.

Also, I had a PM from Ladystorm that we will have the table for Frostgrave available for the entire convention, so there are more opportunities for players who may have had busy schedules.  And those of us who just want to play more games....

• Like 4

I have winter terrain but it is more wilderness than frozen city. From memory:

2x ponds

12x snowy bottle brush conifers

5x foam slab ice hills (1 inch elevation; some are stackable)

• Like 1

Anything would be appreciated. I'm planning on bring two small towers (originally birdhouses from Michaels) and a bridge as well as some smaller scatter.

Also, I had a PM from Ladystorm that we will have the table for Frostgrave available for the entire convention, so there are more opportunities for players who may have had busy schedules. And those of us who just want to play more games....

That's good news!

• Like 1

I should really remember to plan out my schedule and make sure I snag some minis for a warband so I can hopefully wrangle a Frostgrave game while I'm there... ::D: 

• Like 2

Would you care that the terrain is not painted?

--- edit ---

Nevermind! We can explain it of with magic!

Edited by pcktlnt

--- edit ---

Paint it all White?

• Like 1

--- edit ---

Paint it all White?

White primer. ^__^

• Like 3