Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Frostgrave at ReaperCon

Snow covered!

White craft foam might be useful as inexpensive, light weight, pack-in snow drifts.

Would that be wasted effort or should I bring some?

I have some Mordheim buildings I plan to bring I also have the ruined tower from Dragons dont Share. I ran a playtest and here is what it looked like:

post-7580-0-39283400-1476738297_thumb.jpg

I am scheduled to run a game on Thrusday afternoon and I will be happy to teach people the game.

buckyball

• Like 4

Sigh, I've yet to schedule myself into a game. But I plan to bring a warband and my tablet with most of the bookstart and a few small walls(unpainted) to add to the terrain pile.

• Like 3

I don't think it would hurt. Might be good as "hills" to help block LOS or to allow models to climb on it for a better vantage.

The stuff is thin. More of a decorative thing. But I do have some hills.

But a dozen or so ^ could add a bunch of white ^ patches to the example table buckyball posted.

vejlin and I have been hard at work, and the 8" diameter Hirst Arts tower is nearly completed. We had to scale back our initial plans from 4 stories to 3 (as the open-air 3rd story was causing some design issues that there was insufficient time to correct), but even without it, it still hits the 10" tall the scenario with a tower calls for. There's still assembly and painting to do on it, which we'll try to finish tomorrow. Otherwise, it might be a white tower.

We also got base paint on the mausoleum pieces, so that should be finished tomorrow as well. We'll also be bringing the ruined village I mentioned earlier, and a bunch of objective pieces (loot piles that I built for previous RCon Warlord tournament use), so there should be plenty of that stuff too.

See you all soon!

~v

• Like 2

Tower is now nearly completely assembled - all that remains is to attach the walls of levels 2 and 3 to their flooring. The ground floor is complete, and the crenelations are attached to the roof layer.

The base coat on the mausoleum pieces is dry and they are ready for some quick dry brushing. I'm not sure if we'll get that done before leaving or not; there's still a lot of little things to do before then, and we've only got about 3 hours before we need to be on the road to make our lunch and dinner dates.

We'll pop by the meet and greet once we're done with dinner, then head to the hotel to finish as much as we can tonight.

~v

• Like 3

Is there still a need for terrain? I live in the DFW area and have a fair amount of Frostgrave themed stuff that I can bring. Ruined houses, walls, and trees mostly. I bought the VIP pass so I will be in and out. Planning on being at the PEC most of the day Friday and Saturday.

Edited by Phil Hemsley