Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Frostgrave at ReaperCon

What if one has not played before. I've kind of read the rules when I bought the book a few months ago. And what if said person didn't sign up on reaper's site?

What if one has not played before. I've kind of read the rules when I bought the book a few months ago. And what if said person didn't sign up on reaper's site?

Same here, I am in a boat identical to pcklnt.

We can play with ourselves!

--- edit ---

That doesn't sound right, but I'm leaving it anyway. XD

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 2

Me too, except I played a single game.

The tower and the tomb are both finished! As soon as I can figure out what table we're at, I'll bring the stuff in from the car.

~v

• Like 2

Thanks to Buckyball and Dilvish for organizing this and making it happen. The table looked great, and it was fun to try Frostgrave out. I don't know that it's something that I'll play long-term, but as a fun little pick-up game, it was enjoyable. I played 4 games of it scattered across three days of the con; one against Dilvish (Jeff), two against vejlin (Kim), and one against psyberwolfe1 (Mike). Mike and I got some pics of our game, so I'll have to see about uploading them.

~v

• Like 2

I managed to get my first game against Chaoswolf.  We tied,  and by tied I mean he wiped out about half my force and had a really good chance of taking out my mage on the last turn who held the last treasure.  I had 3 treasures by then and was one turn away from escaping off the board with the fourth and he had the initiative with most of his guys in range.  I had to go to class though.  So unless I got really lucky and he got really unlucky, I probably would have lost my mage.  He however lost none of his force.  So overall I think he came out better off.  I was fun though.  Defiantly worth giving it another go.

• Like 1

I managed to get my first game against Chaoswolf.  We tied,  and by tied I mean he wiped out about half my force and had a really good chance of taking out my mage on the last turn who held the last treasure.  I had 3 treasures by then and was one turn away from escaping off the board with the fourth and he had the initiative with most of his guys in range.  I had to go to class though.  So unless I got really lucky and he got really unlucky, I probably would have lost my mage.  He however lost none of his force.  So overall I think he came out better off.  I was fun though.  Defiantly worth giving it another go.

It was a great game, and you were a very good opponent. You certainly seemed like you had a plan and executed it very nicely; whereas I was 'making it up as I go'.

I also had a lot of fun with it and am looking forward to my next chance to play (hopefully it won't be another year from now).

Thanks to Dilvish and BuckyBall for running things, and to Shakandara for some cool terrain!

• Like 2