nakos

Dr Who Fans, trading card hotness

Ok, I figure with as many mini collectors here and the wide range of geekdom there should a few Dr Who fans and some who collect the trading cards.

A few hours ago I had a case of Topps Dr Who Timeless card opened. To say that this case was insane is putting it lightly. Several limited autos and relics.

The site Ustream is a video server akin to youtube so I'm hoping that it doesn't violate the link policy. Here is the video recap of the hits.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/90277269

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      After making the base for Culk the rake, I made a bunch of others and painted some minis to put on them. This pirate from Patrick Kieth's second Bombshell Kickstarter looked like she would work well with it.

Couldn't really tell where her eye was, from some angles it looked like one was sculpted and others like her hair was supposed to cover it all. It actually doesn't look too bad zoomed in right now.

Not quite as good from this angle.

Got to use some of my Breast Cancer Awareness pink for this mini, which is always a treat. This is also my first attempt at dark skin tones.
    • By Rilkyn
      I’ve just finished a set of the early doctors as a Xmas present for my brother-in-law.
      may have to get another set for myself.

So we have Doctors 1,2,3,5,6,7 and 8, followed by Zoe and Romana
    • By Citrine
      This is one of the miniatures offered as a special reward during one of the Bombshell miniatures Kickstarters.  I don't believe it is for sale anywhere which is a bit sad since its a great little mini.

Front view linked for nudity:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ZgOi70hDxnVXcwVTBOOUVCTUk
    • By LordColdsteal
      My 15 year old son is a Dr Who nut.  His favorite Doctor is the 10th.  So, for his birthday (on Monday), I painted this up for him.  I've never painted him anything and I'm a bit nervous about it.  I hope he likes it.
      Comments and suggestions welcome.  I have not sealed the figure yet so I can always make a few minor changes.
      The figures painted are: Reaper - 80037: Telephone Box and Reaper - 50305: Benedict Baker
      Thanks

• By Maledrakh
      As has been a theme this year, the minis I manage to paint will all count towards the resolutionary challenge. As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread.

In the second Bones KS there were some models of statues. Living ones, that is.

These are officially known as 92872 and 92859, Caryatid Columns. A Caryatid, according to Wikipedia, "is a sculpted female figure serving as an architectural support taking the place of a column or a pillar supporting an entablature on her head". Play with miniatures! You get to learn new words every day.

And of course, any statue can be given life by some mad wizard or wrathful divinity to harass a party of adventurers trying to get past. Or they can be ancient alien time-eating horrors, camouflaged as nice graveyard angels when you are looking at them. Remember you are perfectly safe as long as you just don't blink!

The Dr.Who Weeping Angels, sorry *ahem*,  the Bones KS 2 92843 & 92844 Angels of Sorrow

I painted the lot of these with black undercoat, then drybrushing with a dark grayish green, a light sandy brown, and at last an offwhite with an ever-so- slight green tinge. Fast and excellent!

I find grey made by just black and white rapidly gets boring and less interesting. Using some colour really does enhance simple allover paint jobs like this.
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 138 Guests (See full list)