Sign in to follow this  
sirgourls

Gourls Paints a Bundle of Bugbears

So I did up these gentlemen. I made up a story in my head about how they're a trio of brothers who jointly run the biggest, baddest band of bugbears in the land. They'd make decent-ish foils for some low-level adventurers I think. Nothing mind-blowing in hand but they'll look fine on the table, which is generally always my goal anyway. I tried to get some blood-spatter going on, but admittedly I've never really looked into how to go about it. I just drybrushed some red onto their weapons (and Mogg's shield, though you can't see it). It turned out well enough you can tell what it's meant to be I think, but I know there are some stellar examples of it out there. I'll have to look into that for next time.

post-13920-0-57206500-1470416733_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Great job!  I bet they look great on the table!  Need more light for the pics though, or a not white background  ^_^.

Edit:  I hope I didn't offend.  Just a shame that the darkness is hiding all the details I am getting a glimpse of.

Edited by JDizzO
  • Like 1

Oh, no. I just don't have much to work with. Poor college student, not many lights, and only camera is on my phone. I'd like to get some decent lights to paint by, nevermind for picture-taking, but those are a ways off yet.

• Like 2

Good work on them!

Tamiya clear red with a tiny bit of Tamiya smoke mixed in works quite nicely as fresh blood

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JoeGKushner
      Anyone here backing this one? I missed the first one, of Feyland, but there's a level where you can get both books. I don't have a ton of physical 3rd party 5e stuff so I'm down for it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875657065/monsters-of-the-underworld-for-5th-edition

Brave the darkness and discover Monsters of the Underworld! You'll find unusual monsters and entire societies in this strange land. You don't just have to watch your back, you have to watch out above and below as well!
      Guiding you through this dangerous world is Desmond Hawkeye, an experienced monster hunter. He'll lead you to the new monsters and remind you that we can be heroes. 
    • By boldfont
      I went canon with this. No airbrush. It’s a great sculpt. Really it’s too bad Reaper would have to make a knock off version because of the IP. I bet they’d make a great remorhaz. 

• By jay_dmloot
      I've been playing D&D for over a decade now, and while there are a lot of great terrain solutions for dungeon crawls, I always felt there wasn't a great option when it came to generic random encounters, like setting up camp for the night.

As a player, and a DM these random encounters often lacked meaning because they didn't have the same customization as encounters core to the campaign. So I decided to come up with a solution that was simple for a DM, and that made the encounter more meaningful for the player.

I made a 36” by 24” iron rubber base on which you can layer smaller magnetic terrain. For a DM It takes second to throw some trees, rocks, and other terrain down to make the scenario unique. Then your players can quickly arrange their tents, wagons and other equipment in thoughtful ways that make random encounters more meaningful.

There is 44 pieces of double sided magnetic terrain, so you can run pretty much any random encounter in the wilderness that you can think of.

If this sounds like something you'd use check out the kickstarter for more information.

http://kck.st/2UiDByd

I love feedback so please let me know what you think of the product. I designed it how I would want to use it, so if you feel like something's lacking, or should be changes Id like to know.

<mod> Full link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dmloot/dmloot?ref=project_link
    • By Paymaster Games
      The New Offering from Paymaster Games and their Going Native line. Going Native: From out of the Mists is a model centered campaign that will cover different heroes, warriors, monsters and gods of the New World.

Here is the link to the KS Page -  

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      After the response to my other post, I figured I could post my campaign here. I'm gonna be using spoiler tags for DM notes, just in case people want to follow along. 

Characters:
      Red Sash - Warforged Paladin. Currently trying to earn money for the Cyran refugees. Was a medic during the war and is still not sure exactly what to do now that it is over.
      Son of Bork - Warforged Barbarian. If you want to know his backstory, see here. Warning: untagged spoilers in link.
      Thicket - Shifter Rogue. Currently over his head in gambling debt to Draask. 
      Lell - Gnome Warlock. Member of the Trust of Zilargo. 

Session 1:

Sul, Zarantyr 1, 998YK - King of Fire Tavern, Middle Dura, Sharn, City of Towers, Breland
       Opening Scene (as written):

Thicket manages to win his hand - thanks to a little cheating - and goes over to join those betting on the arm wrestling competition. Meanwhile, Red Sash convinces the girls to give a donation be helping them complete the clockwork dragon they were making by touching an out of place gear and popping it into place. Having received the donations, he asks for their names. The brunette gives the name Kara, while the red-head is named Ashley. Red Sash writes down their names and also moves to watch the competition, hoping for donations from the betting parties. Son of Bork manages to win his match. Having won, he picks up a stein of beer from a table (that was definitely not his) and drinks. Thicket attempts to - unsuccessfully - pick a pocket, while his cards competitor manages to pick Lell's pocket. Son of Bork finishes his glass and sees a shield with the Crest of House Ghallanda and takes it down from the wall to take a bite from that. The tavern goes silent, and the bartender threatens Son of Bork into putting the shield back. Lell receives a sheet of paper telling him to investigate the suspicious individual - the warforged. He moves forward and introduces himself to Son of Bork. Instantly upon noticing Lell, Son of Bork picks him up, affectionately calling him "Hornswaggle"...

Suddenly, a fire breaks out and there are patrons running about. The elf at the bar sneaks out the back, and Lell gives chase with Son of Bork quickly giving chase after Lell. Thicket, not wanting to be involved in the fire, rushes out of the back of the bar as quickly as he can. Red Sash, meanwhile, attempts to save a patron surrounded by fire by walking directly through the fire.

Thicket runs into a man he'd been caught cheating against - a muscular dwarven fellow by the name of Kiel Tarvernworth and promptly turns around, catching up to Lell in the process, as Son of Bork had managed to catch Lell and pick him up (again). The two make a deal, and Thicket shifts to catch the elven fellow while Lell negotiates with Kiel, convincing him to wait for them later by giving him a 1 Galifar (gold) down payment on Thicket's debt to the man. Thicket manages to catch the elf, and Lell interrogates him only to find out he was only a guest lecturer at the university and didn't want to get caught up in the fire. They let the elven man go. 

Meanwhile, Red Sash fails to convince the man to let him save him, and the patron blinks away quickly. Frustrated, Red Sash starts to gather volunteers to put out the fire and aid the tavern. Lell, Son of Bork, and Thicket also help with relocating the stock in return for the promise of coin. The fire out, the group goes their separate ways. 

(Zarantyr 2 coming tonight)
      Thoughts/comments appreciated! I have no IRL dm friends to talk to about this campaign...
  • Who's Online   47 Members, 2 Anonymous, 193 Guests (See full list)