Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on an Ogre gang and completed the painting on this model last night. This is a 77455, Ogre Smasher sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77454, Ogre Clubber. I also added three more skulls at his waist belt. it was all painted with Reaper MSP paint. I will complete the base later since I may add more elements to it.
Started this guy back in 2010 and, after eleven years of on and off work (mostly off), I'm going to say he's finished. There are things I could do better now than when I started him, and certainly areas I could try to tweak more, but I'd rather save the energy/time for another figure. 54mm Games Workshop "Brother Artemis" Space Marine from the old "Inquisitor" game. Made a few minor tweaks (repositioned the sword) and left off a few bits 'cause I didn't like how they looked. Base was sanded down and then rebuilt with plastic card to look industrial. Nowadays I can just buy 40mm bases that are done this way. It was actually the first part thing that got painted which meant I had to be careful when I was painting the figure! Painted primarily with Reaper paints.
Hello everyone, here is my converted Reaper Miniatures 01411, Harapan sculpted by Jason Wiebe. Back in 2005, this limited-edition model was produced to raising money after the Tsunami disasters in SE Asia. The funds collected were distributed to the Red Cross and Unicef.
Nowadays, this mini is very hard to find and the molds were supposedly destroyed after production. I was lucky enough to find one and spent all my free time during the last two weeks converting, painting it and creating a base for it.
I converted its weapon by replacing the blades with a cleaver and a tiger paw flail. You can see the original model on the last picture. The tiger paw is front paw of a 02817, Moor Hound. The tropical planted are plastic aquarium plants. I painted the blade as a damascus forged steel and added a blue/green sky and earth non-metallic metal SENMM effect on the metallic parts. I also added ceremonial painting on Harapan’s forehead. I have used Reaper MSP paint exclusively.
So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017 I thought he would look really cool without wings. but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him, I just don't think I'm ready. In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
So this is better.
This Dragon will be the colors or earth. Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly.
perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows. The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas.
So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner. He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take.
but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint...
this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am. I kept waking up with new color ideas.
Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.
The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this.
Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.
Who's Online 19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)