And now I too pick up the gauntlet. Kaladrax Reborn, 7 days challenge!

OK. The time draws closer... But one question.. Which colour will make the skeletal form more ghostly? Choices are greens or purples, either will be highlighted to almost white to appear as spectral as possible! I need to decide before I start for base/undercoating purposes.

• Like 4

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see this in progress! And I'm crazy about purple, and I do think it's more "ghostly" than green. Green I associate more with rotting things, zombies, "the messy undead." A Wyrmwraith deserves purple. :) Just my personal opinion. Do what feels good to you!

xo Tay

Edited by mtaylorj89
  • Like 6

You wouldn't happen to have Spectral White from the 2015 Halloween promotion? It's a nice pale lavender.

From memory, Maggot Flesh would be the green equivalent in my mind, and is more readily available (though maybe not in time for your given schedule)

• Like 4

I agree with Ary; purple in the crevices but green elsewhere would look pretty awesome! If you're pressed for time, though, I'd go with purple as being more ghostly, especially if you use ones that are cool (bluish). ^_^

Your game plan sounds like a good one! Have you thought about how you will paint the base? I found that having colors figured out ahead of time really helped keep things moving along smoothly. ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8

You wouldn't happen to have Spectral White from the 2015 Halloween promotion? It's a nice pale lavender.

From memory, Maggot Flesh would be the green equivalent in my mind, and is more readily available (though maybe not in time for your given schedule)

I agree with Ary; purple in the crevices but green elsewhere would look pretty awesome! If you're pressed for time, though, I'd go with purple as being more ghostly, especially if you use ones that are cool (bluish). ^_^

Your game plan sounds like a good one! Have you thought about how you will paint the base? I found that having colors figured out ahead of time really helped keep things moving along smoothly. ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Unfortunately for me I don't have Reaper paints available. :( My take on Kally will be painted using a combination of Army Painter colours and tube acrylics for shades not in their range. As to my plans for the base... I have a couple of ideas for it. All of which will end with OSL from Kally itself! Edited by Rickdraco
  • Like 5

It was my experience that the wings were worse than the vertebrae, but obviously YMMV.

My suggestion would be, rather than knocking out one thing at a time, have the base as your relief when you get fed up with painting the bones. I found it helped me a lot to have something to still be making progress on even when I absolutely couldn't bring myself to touch the bones.

One other thing that I would suggest is to have a back up plan in mind. I'm a little bit concerned for you with planning to do OSL in a 7 day challenge, unless you're super comfortable with it. Another thing to think about with that idea is that so much of the base is completely obscured by Kally, I would highly recommend doing a dry fit to see what all isn't even going to be seen so you don't end up blowing a lot of your time on doing something overly complicated on an area that isn't even going to show.

• Like 8

It was my experience that the wings were worse than the vertebrae, but obviously YMMV.

My suggestion would be, rather than knocking out one thing at a time, have the base as your relief when you get fed up with painting the bones. I found it helped me a lot to have something to still be making progress on even when I absolutely couldn't bring myself to touch the bones.

One other thing that I would suggest is to have a back up plan in mind. I'm a little bit concerned for you with planning to do OSL in a 7 day challenge, unless you're super comfortable with it. Another thing to think about with that idea is that so much of the base is completely obscured by Kally, I would highly recommend doing a dry fit to see what all isn't even going to be seen so you don't end up blowing a lot of your time on doing something overly complicated on an area that isn't even going to show.

Oh yes, the OSL is going to be the very last thing I do!!  Once the main of the dragon itself is completed, I will be gluing it together, but not to the base so I can be sure of what can and cannot be seen!!

• Like 4