And now I too pick up the gauntlet. Kaladrax Reborn, 7 days challenge!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my experience that the wings were worse than the vertebrae, but obviously YMMV.

My suggestion would be, rather than knocking out one thing at a time, have the base as your relief when you get fed up with painting the bones. I found it helped me a lot to have something to still be making progress on even when I absolutely couldn't bring myself to touch the bones.

One other thing that I would suggest is to have a back up plan in mind. I'm a little bit concerned for you with planning to do OSL in a 7 day challenge, unless you're super comfortable with it. Another thing to think about with that idea is that so much of the base is completely obscured by Kally, I would highly recommend doing a dry fit to see what all isn't even going to be seen so you don't end up blowing a lot of your time on doing something overly complicated on an area that isn't even going to show.

Oh yes, the OSL is going to be the very last thing I do!!  Once the main of the dragon itself is completed, I will be gluing it together, but not to the base so I can be sure of what can and cannot be seen!!

Ah, glad to hear that, I was a bit concerned as well! ^_^ Guindy has sound advice; I spent the better part of two days on my base and was super happy with it, only to find that with Kally on top...you really can't see much of it at all. :down:

What worked for me was to have three painting "lists": what I wanted to put on Kally (like moss all over), what my minimum standard would be (just bone colors on him), and what I would add if I had time (runes, etc.). Basically, be prepared to not have the time or energy to do anything fancy, but plan for it in case you do! ^_^

Wishing you the best of luck, you're gonna be awesome! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

Ok!!  It is now time for me to begin!!  I had to take the timestamp picture a couple of minutes ago as I started my computer!  So I'll call it 9:20 am my start time,  on Tuesday 9th August.

post-14997-0-51544200-1470731681_thumb.jpg

Also pictured is one of the brushes I will be using.  I bought a pack of size 0 brushes. :)

post-14997-0-68206600-1470731683_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

:bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:

Woah, where are you located? When your timestamp read 9:20, my clock said 1:20! :O

I see in the top picture that your Kaladrax is modeling the brush size you will use; I approve! ::D:

Go go go!!!!

Huzzah!

• Like 3

First Progress Update!

About 2 hours in,  first thing I did was to glue the three tail sections together.  Then I set to work under/basecoating.  So far, as pictured, I have basecoated the whole of the tail and both of the wings.  Really happy with the colour I am using for it, when highlighted it is going to look pretty good.. at least I think it will!!

post-14997-0-55906200-1470738707_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

:bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:

Woah, where are you located? When your timestamp read 9:20, my clock said 1:20! :O

I see in the top picture that your Kaladrax is modeling the brush size you will use; I approve! ::D:

Go go go!!!!

Huzzah!

I'm in the UK!  and glad you approve of the first picture, I admit I got the idea from you!!

• Like 7

Cool!

Ub3r, he's stealing your color!

Looks more magenta than pink to me. I'll be using dark red on mine for the base coat/shadows and then going up with different pinks from there. 

And don't forget the tutu and sparkles!  

But back on topic, looking really great RickDraco, keep it up and slay this wyrmwraith!

• Like 4