CAVs and the "Unique" SA

Maredudd

Hi Folks!

I know CAVBOSS will be updating the Model List and putting it up at Talon Games in the near future but I'm hoping someone has a list of models by faction that have the SA:Unique. Any chance of that?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the point of that SA to just keep an overpowered model from being used everywhere, or is it meant to be some reason in the lore? Such as a special material undergoing a shortage or something? Been playing around with building my own designs, so curious as to an underlying reason.

Here's the most recent quote on the Dervish from the kickstarter topic:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69744-talon-games-cav-strike-operations-kickstarter-ii-the-battle-for-new-vesta/?p=1415045

We are still discussing its final status rules wise in regards to being unique. As of right now I'm leaning towards removing that. What has it there is it has the SA: Ammon Bin as unlimited which I don't feel will be that much of a game changer during play and in game fluff was not produced in wide numbers.

For reference the revealed Dervish stat card was this:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69744-talon-games-cav-strike-operations-kickstarter-ii-the-battle-for-new-vesta/?p=1404073

DERVISHDC.jpg

At first glance it doesn't look out of line to me.  It seems to be a decent cheap gun, but with low enough armor and damage tracks that it won't live long enough for all that ammo to mean anything.  But obviously I haven't tried it yet.

• Like 2

Jeneki, have to agree with you.  They look like they could fold like cheap tents if you apply enough pressure, and with a piercing Heavy MAC I think they'll receive a lot of attention on the board.  Of course spamming them is another thing, but man, talk about boring...

Looks like a scout hunter to me. Attach one to your command squad or some heavy battle squad you think is going to attract a lot of attention, and whenever someone sends a recon CAV or tank up to light up a target, have your Doivish trot up and fill it full of crowbars.

IDF would be my biggest fear for this guy. It still takes a serious effort to bring one down completely, but even token shots can hurt it and degrade that big gun. Not experienced enough to really know any strategies to counter that, so my only thoughts are to keep it just far enough away from buddies that shots have to be targeted specifically at the Dervish, and try to keep your opponent's attention focused on something else, like the Ogre in the next squad over that you think you'll be activating next...

People(myself included) will often talk about taking out the high firepower/low armor units first as the most efficient way to quickly degrade an army, but in my experience, nine times out of ten they'll go after the ginormous slab of armor that's charging right at them(myself included). Use that to your advantage. :)

• Like 2