Champion of Slaanesh (oldhammer speedpaint)

very nicely done vulture.  I like that you stuck to a pretty classic pallet for the colors.

I remember way back in the 80's when the realms of chaos books came out.  As a gaming group we were so excited for all the chaotic goodness.  We all started a chaos warband, I used slaanesh.  We used the campaign and mutation system from the books to expand our warband and mutate our champions, it was great fun...then I had a few too many good games in a row, a few too many good gifts of chaos rolls and then an amazingly awful roll, BAM! all of a sudden my champion was a dribbling drooling spawn of chaos!

I went back to my orks and never looked back...except for the occasional peek at the slaanesh stuff, always loved that stuff.

• Like 3

good times!  I think part of the reason I was attracted to these is the pure nostalgia of them - working on these guys is a bit like claiming an aspect of my childhood I never had, but always wanted through the store window.

I'm going to continue to work on these guys, despite them pushing my project queue to the limit. more to come soon!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Here's a newly painted "Fantasy Adventurer" Citadel Miniature from the olden days (c1982)!

FA5-2 Druid With Sickle

Thanks for looking!

• By Rigel
      Slaad from Nolzur's. Blue and Green painted in their normal colors; Death and Gray panted in red and black. 
      Not just for fantasy; also make good spacemonsters and post-apocalyptic mutant/invaders, as shown here.

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Vietnam Zombie with gun from Citadel Miniatures of old!

This was a limited release which was linked with both the Chainsaw Warrior board game & 40K Chaos.

Thanks for looking!

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

FF53 - Ogre from Citadel miniatures "Fiend Factory" range, early 1980's.

I'm guessing that for older members of the forums, this old Citadel mini might be considered somewhat of a classic, maybe even iconic? Back in the day, It's imagery definately played a part in getting me into the hobby as a wee lad. I never owned it back then but recently picked one up & painted it up!

Thanks for looking.

• By Lidless Eye
      So, I heard Chaos Marauders are essential in Maggotkin of Nurgle armies in Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.  I prepped these guys for our planned league game that got delayed due to the pandemic.  At this rate, Sons of Behemat will be out before we can play.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)