Sign in to follow this  
TGP

(77008) Sir Forscale, Garrick the Red Raider, Contest entry

I started this little guy on a Saturday. At a paint day. At a certain factory...

post-7586-0-77472700-1470629860_thumb.jpg

This is where he got to in about 4 hours worth of work. Need to finish the sword.

The lad at the factory store went in the back and dug through bins to find one with a nice, straight, unbent sword. So, I figured this one ought to be left stock and unconverted.

• Like 8

Here is a WiP picture showing the brush-on-sealer drying. Not the greatest in progress pic ever.

post-7586-0-66609500-1471147120_thumb.jpg

In spite of the label the cup contains either water or tea.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      My entry to this quarter's Reaper Facebook contest. Didn't place but that's neither here nor there. Lots of good entries this time around, and let's face it, mine was not as brilliant or psychedelic as others, haha. I'm happy with her, though, and that's what matters.

I went with a more classic scheme inspired by Art Nouveau paintings, particularly the colors schemes of Alfonse Mucha. Because of the inspiration, I was pretty happy with one of the comments it got referring to it looking like a painting.

Samples of inspiration -

• By Ratmaster2000
      So as I mentioned in my Mr. Bones show off, I painted up Garrick AKA ForScale to be a test run for Matte Varnishing (which didn't happen through airbrush, next time I guess), he did get a brush on varnish which went very well, so without further Ado, here is my take on Sir Forscale (overall he came out well, but his yellow shield IMHO sucks, maybe I just don't do well with yellow) C&C always welcome.

• By TGP
      Welcome to May!

New Slightly Revised Rules: 
    • By Talae
      I sent Reaper my only painted Sir Forscale for that contest a while back. I need to get another painted for use in pictures as a scale reference.

The last one was blue and white. I am thinking this ones might need to be red and black with a dark steel metal instead, but I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions or inspiration material?

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)