So while I'm currently running a game already, I've been jonesing to create a new setting. I don't know if it's because my current game is edging on the two-year mark (!) and that part of my brain is just getting antsy, or if it's because I'm afraid for the possible TPK in a few weeks (my PCs are hell bent on fighting a CR25 dragon at level 12), but whatever the case, I've been slowly chipping away at a new setting for my next game. Yesterday I began work on the map! For reference, the scale is 6 miles to a hex. So this is a pretty expansive area.

post-13920-0-75184200-1470655182_thumb.jpg

Edited by sirgourls
  • Like 11

Are you going to make copies before adding more features?

So you could add towns and borders on a copy that is not the master map. Borders can shift.

• Like 1

Are you going to make copies before adding more features?

So you could add towns and borders on a copy that is not the master map. Borders can shift.

I probably won't add borders, but I'm planning to make copies after adding basic towns and things the PCs would know about, then I can add discoverable adventure locations for my own reference.

• Like 2

Looks pretty.  I've always loved making my own settings but have always been terrible at making maps, so kudos on a beautiful map!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rubegon
      I got this mini in the Mini Painting 101 class at ReaperCon.  This was our first ReaperCon - my wife and I took the class together.  I’d painted about a dozen minis (badly) for D&D before going to RC.

I like this sculpt, and I wanted to work on improving my basic painting skills.  I decided to keep working on her to see how far I can go.

I’ve spent an embarrassingly large amount of time on her already.  I do feel like I’m learning a lot though and getting better at controlling my brush and getting paint consistency right.

I broke out one of the good brushes I had bought and not touched - a da Vinci Maestro.  I still feel unworthy to use it but maybe it will help me get better.

I’ve done a lot of work on the red armor already, but still need to do some more highlighting.  I think I might have overdone the highlights on the green ropes in some places.  I was planning to glaze them down and redo a bit smaller.

Thanks for taking a look.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback or tips on what I can improve on the parts I’ve worked on already.

Here she is so far - she looks a lot better if you squint.

• By zaran
      We have a player leaving our game due to a cross-country move, so I decided to paint up Juliana as his spore druid for a display piece as a parting gift.

This is my first attempt at a display piece, so I’m focused on getting the miniature to a place I’m happy with before building out the base. I plan to make the base a grassy clearing filled with colorful foliage. 
    • By Xiwo Xerase
      My friend and I have been discussing the GW contrast paints.  He's getting decent results in less than an hour.  So I figured I'd try timing a paint job from "primer" to finish again.

After basecoating, I'm at about 2.5 hours on this one.  The undercoat for the metallics and basecoating everything else took about 1.5 hours of that.

77023: Barnabas, Human Warrior is an old Bones mini and some of the detail suffers accordingly.  His sword is a little noodly too.  I'm not too interested in fixing either of these in a timed paint.

So, here's where we are:

(click on the pictures for larger versions)

The paints used thus far are: (all Reaper paints unless specified otherwise)
      Flesh: Barbarian Flesh Armor, shield, and sword hilt: Tarnished Steel painted over Stone Grey Sword blade: Honed Steel painted over Stone Grey Most leather parts: Ruddy Leather Belts, straps, and accents on scabbard: Tanned Leather Cloth: Monarch Purple Gold accent on shield: Cursed Gold painted over Ruddy Leather Purple symbol on shield: Sparkling Purple Buckles: Aged Pewter Base: Dungeon Grey  
      The basing is green stuff used with a Happy Seppuku base stamp.  I don't remember which one now.

I'm not sold on the purple symbol on the shield.  Would it look better using a bright silver or white (e.g. Pearl White)?

Lining will help the shield immensely.  I'll probably do that as the last step.  The next step is washes.
    • By PandorasGhost
      Hey everybody!

Tried to get the word out by word of mouth, and decided on here might be a good way to go about it as well. The tables for gaming had to be altered from what was on the printed schedule due to some logistics issues. (Logic?! At a con?! Say it isn't so.)

Games on GrowTix should reflect accurate locations (and hopefully always reflected accurate times). Also, there are printed schedules available on the table just beside registration. ALSO, ALSO, I attached the Xcel spreadsheet of the schedule if anyone wants to peruse.

Joseph Wolf's Dreadmere games are still at Table 1 - under the big Dredmere banner. Tables 2 ,3, and 10 are various Roleplaying games, as per the schedule Table 4 is an all-day, every-day Freeblades demo - drop by and check it out! Tables 6 thru 9 are for Gamers looking for Pathfinder/Starfinder D&D Adventure League is now tables 11 thru 23, but Gamers taking part in DDAL are encouraged to head to Table 18, where Colby (and crew) will be marshaling GMs, getting players into games, and generally just controlling the madness of League events. Tables 24 thru 28 are going to host Frog God Games (in the Arabian rooms) ReaperCon 2019 Gaming.xlsx
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      We're starting a new 5th Ed D&D campaign in a couple weeks.  I decided I might play a rogue, so I wandered down to the LFGS at lunch and looked at what was there (because I obviously have NO miniatures already I could use).
      Spotted the Tabaxi Rogue female pack from WizKids (I like the sculpts and poses of the female figs more than the male ones) so that's going to be my next character.

Cool fig, primer isn't too bad.  Some nasty mold lines but I only have a week to paint this so I'm not messing with them.  Maybe after I'll clean up the "advanced" version and do a better job on her.

And after some time fiddling with colours.

Well, that looks a mess.  Just figuring out colours.
      Skin base is MSP Alien Flesh.  Cloth is MSPB Succubus Kiss. Had AV Model Air Black handy so used that to start base coating metals.  And leather is MSP Leather Brown.  Still not sure on the leather but I'll give it some time to think about it and maybe try a wash on it.

• Who's Online   45 Members, 5 Anonymous, 145 Guests (See full list)