mtaylorj89

Removing paint? How about primer?

It occurs to me that I should probably mention that I live in the US and have the "Good Stuffâ„¢".  ^_^ (And availability info is from the W&N British website, though it's possible that Jackson's might have imported US cleaner.)

But the question of British availability has come up before, so I thought a mention would be good.

• Like 1

Pine Sol!

Didn't someone mention that PineSol changed their formula several years ago and it's no longer as effective at removing paint?

I prefer W&N Cleaner and Restorer myself for metal models. It pulls the paint off in seconds, and it's non toxic too.. It will melt plastic though. And fast.

Not available in the UK, at least the last time I looked. The SDS lists Ethanol as the only hazardous ingredient, but I don't think it's the only active ingredient.

That's... unusual considering that W&N is a UK company itself.

Then again, I also see Ford, a known American car manufacturer, sell models across the world that don't exist in America.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

Thanks Ghool! I appreciate it. Hopefully I can find some acetone...I wonder if they sell that at Michaels? I swear that damn store owns my soul, and well as (of course!) my wallet...

xo Tay

Acetone = Nail Polish Remover. Buy cheap in large bottles at Walmart.

I guess I learned something today. XD I knew it was in nail polish remover, but didn't know where to buy. Wound up at CVS, purchased a pretty large bottle for $5.

I'll let y'all know how it goes!

xo Tay

Many nail polish removers that contain acetone (there are acetone free options) are diluted.

You can get bottles of acetone at most hardware stores cheaply.

Edited by arclance