Lunesdargent Workshop: Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles

What makes me not 100% sold is the uncertainty of scaling and compatibility.  Just eyeballing it, and the conversions are approximate here, it looks like the floors are about the height of a Hirst Arts floor tile, a little under 1cm (1/4").  Wall thickness appears to be around 1cm (just under 1/2"), and wall height is about 4cm  (1.5"), so total tile height is about 5cm (2")?

If you could provide photos beside a ruler, or even a text description of exact dimensions that would be very useful in making sure this fits with people's existing terrain.

Lastly, it's always a little sketchy backing a first-time creator.  Especially when the campaign is looking like it will overfund by a good margin.  I'm pleasantly surprised by your approach though.  Not a lot of pledge levels, not a ton of freebies, and staggered delivery says to me that you understand your production capacity, understand your expenses, and have a solid plan in place for fulfillment.  As long as things don't fly off the rails during the rest of the campaign I've got no reason to doubt your ability to come through.

Now, as to suggestions for add-ons, maybe some accessories.  Statues of pharaohs or gods - standing and/or seated, some kind of fountain or pool, and maybe floor tiles with inscribed decoration or geometric patterning.

Best of luck with the rest of the campaign.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you give me the dimentions of DF tiles ? My tile are 4 cm high and the floor is 7mm thick, I do not have any DF, DS or Hirst Arts to compare too, I just tryed different height and thickness while considering different factors. (resistance, visibility and weight)

Dwarven Forge Game Tiles tiles are about 5 cm high and the floors are 1 cm thick.

• Like 1

Worth mentioning as well, Hirst Arts floor tiles are about 0.5cm thick, and walls are just under 4cm high (3 x 0.5" pieces).

So it sounds like these will match up very well with Hirst Arts, and be a little bit shorter than Dwarven Forge, but not too far off.

This is fulfilling. I'm a Wave 1 unpainted and just got my goods a week ago...

Despite them being somewhat fragile, some bubbling in the details, and some inconsistency in piece thickness, overall I'm very happy with them. Making a dungeon cover a table with these and it's a beautiful amount of detail.

Now it's onto color selection. The pharaoh thinks unpainted is too bland and GW reikland flesh shade is to dark. Tomorrow we shall try another reddish wash.

IMG_0356.JPG

• Like 6

Please post work on this in http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/26-conversions-presentation-and-terrain/

I'm curious if you're planning recent work, or if these will be ruins.

If more recent you'll want some colors.

I think also you want to tone down the brown. I think a bone with slightest hint of yellow is the sweet spot.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.