• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KruleBear
      My 8 year old son painted these shortly after his birthday last spring. I actually liked his colors and the pattern on the Carnotaurus. Mostly I was over joyed that he didn’t glob the paint on for once. A few weeks ago I decided to paint the eyes, teeth, claws, and base for him. Them a coat of sealer.  I think they look great for the toy box. Here are my crappy before and after.

• By 72moonglum
      And hello again, my Reaper brethren and sistern, 

Another mini I finished just this afternoon, a Ral Partha Mage with Wand, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the late seventies or early eighties.  He came from the Children of the Night range, and his blister pack was originally called Shadow Elves or something like that, but nowadays at Iron Wind Metals, he's just known as Mage with Wand.  I was going to use my normal camera to take these pictures, but my battery died and I didn't have any left at home, so took this one again too with my iPhone. he came out okay, not sure if too much contrast?

Unlike the Unicorn I just posted, this one is only two photos, a front and a back.  The only thing I'm not sure if I'm that happy with is his wand. The little jewel on top I was thinking of reddish-orange, but it may have turned out too much like the chestnut brown of the holding part of the wand.  Anyhoos, this was a relatively simple mini to paint, not a lot of dingley danglies, which makes for a pretty quick job.  In this blister pack he's got a female and two other male shadow elves.  I'm almost kind of inspired to paint the rest of them as well. I've already painted the female three times, but the other two males haven't done yet.  We'll see how inspired I get and if I throw them in my queue.  Being they were called Shadow Elves, I thought of a drow vibe and one of the versions of the chick I actually did paint as a drow.  Alas, we'll see what I end up doing, so many miniatures and only 30-40 years to live.

• By EvilJames
      So here they are. The Ogre Squad. You can see the WIP here.

I love how nonchalant and casual this guy looks.

especially when compared to this guy.

The oldest of my ogres. Metal and unfinished for years because I was just never happy with him. 

another angry ogre
      fond of the face(s) on this guy and also the pig. The rope on the barrel was a little frustrating though. It had a mold line right down its length and even though I wasn't doing much line cleaning for these guys that was both a hard one to fix and a hard one to ignore.

the bones black ogre has the best grumpy ogre face. He painted up nicely with very little clean up to ignore.

the other metal ogre Kagunk and his amazing shield. This guy sat just primed for a good long while as I just was never sure how to handle the shield face. The older chieften's club face was easier since it was always going to look like wood, but this I had to think about a bit. I think it works pretty well.

a few attempts at a group shot. Bigger minis are hard to keep all in focus at once.
      There it is then. There are a couple of details I see I still need to do and the metal chieftains need to be sealed. But otherwise that is it for this lot. I did by the other ettin in bones and I might order the other ogre leader and I think I have a bones half ogre around somewhere.  If I paint them I may update this with new squad members. We will see.
    • By ced1106
      I backed their previous Halfling Yeoman riding chickens 😁 so figured I'd give them a shoutout!

TAG - Gobudai, Riders of the Shimmering Horde.  28mm Old School Goblin Warg rider miniatures. Metal.

"Pledges at £85, and over will be upgraded to our, FREE WORLDWIDE shipping service."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chickstaterii/tag-gobudai-riders-of-the-shimmering-horde

• By R2ED
      Finally got back on to some painting.  It was a minor win, but just basing this dude feels good to be done.  One cool thing i thought was fun is that i put a footprint in the mud under his left foot.  Kind of a small, but cool detail. 

Done. 
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)