Sign in to follow this  
spitfire23bc

77149: Damien, Hellborn Wizard

A double act! These were done for a D&D Adventurers' League game at UK Games Expo - Korozîl the trickster cleric (left), and Aazîl the swashbuckler (right) - twin tiefling brothers.

post-15110-0-85858300-1470853625_thumb.jpg

For Korozîl, I chopped off the wizard staff and drilled out the left hand. The crossbow was a Mirliton spare, with the bulky string replaced with some guitar string.

For Aazîl, I chopped both hands off(!) and replaced them with the hands from a 77022 Michelle. I also chopped the curved blades off those swords and replaced them with cut down metal blades from Mirliton. The scabbards (also Mirliton) had to be filed a bit to get them to fit together crossed over; their straps are narrow masking tape.

Paints were enamels over Vallejo acrylic primer. This was my first proper attempt at NMM on the swords, and I'm reasonably pleased with how they turned out. The skintones were interesting - I'm not sure how long it took to get the chests right! I wanted to do something more with the bases but ran out of time before the Games Expo, so just gave them some paint and static grass.

All in all, I'm very proud of these two!

post-15110-0-41860700-1470853627_thumb.jpg

post-15110-0-97678600-1470853628_thumb.jpg

post-15110-0-52516400-1470853630_thumb.jpg

And the D&D game was great (Korozîl died horribly and ended up slightly undead)!

• Like 19

Yeah Bones are awesome for conversions, actually today I cut a lioness to pieces to make a saddle for my dinosaur.

Bones are nice and cheap for such things

• Like 1

LOL - out of curiosity, how does one end up "slightly" undead?

We attacked a hag (pro-tip: don't do this) and he got blasted with lightning. Through the power of DM magic (and the fact that we had another session booked), he was returned to life with the curse of turning into a skeleton at night and being able to walk through walls! The downside being that things like Turn Undead would work on him, which sadly we never got to see! We were playing Curse of Strahd, so it fit right in.

• Like 5

Nice! I especially like the dual wielder. He looks badass.

I think he's my favourite of the two as well (which is a shame, as I was playing the other!). I really enjoyed making such different characters from the same base mini. Definitely something I could stand to try again...

• Like 1

LOL - out of curiosity, how does one end up "slightly" undead?

We attacked a hag (pro-tip: don't do this) and he got blasted with lightning. Through the power of DM magic (and the fact that we had another session booked), he was returned to life with the curse of turning into a skeleton at night and being able to walk through walls! The downside being that things like Turn Undead would work on him, which sadly we never got to see! We were playing Curse of Strahd, so it fit right in.

Curses are fun.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Auberon
      My exchange partner this time around was @Corporea.  She was one of those troublesome ones that are fine with anything.  This of course means that I am free to do anything, so what I did was use her as an excuse to test out airbrushing my Vallejo Air Metallics.  Because of that this mini is a little more metallic than I might have otherwise done.  The aluminum didn't want to airbrush, or hand brush for that matter, so I may have a bad bottle.  Other than that they all worked as expected. I.e. you can create a TMM effect by combining these paints with a regular paint for the shadows.

I also tried my hand at a mosaic tile base.  The area I started with isn't as good as the rest of the base, but seeing as I am already late I didn't go back and take even more time to repaint that area.  Overall I thought it turned out pretty well, though I don't believe I'll be doing it on cork again. While I thought the imperfections in the surface could work as missing tiles, in practice they just ended up being in inconvenient places.

But unfortunately I had to stick a mini on it.

Full frontal metal shiny.

And rotating around for those that want to look.

I also attempted to create the look of texture by applying leather colors in a series of parallel lines.  I kind of liked it but at the same time I'm not sure that it comes across as any particular type of texture.

And that's it for my 2019 exchange.  Next year I might even try to be on time. 
    • By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abfiH_Bygc

So I finished this miniature. Video will be uploaded once I edit it.

This isn't finished yet but I wanted to go ahead and get the post up on here. This is the Crimson Herald, a Reaper Bones Black figure.

I didn't have a color scheme going into this big bad boy.  Sadly the photos REALLY don't do it justice and I do have a video I am getting ready to post to youtube.

This whole thing was like a Bob Ross Saved it moment for me. I grabbed paint throwing all caution to the wind and was like "ITTTTSSSSS FIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNEEEEEE" {its fine}
      Spoiler. It wasn't fine.

So I painted the body With Citadel Hex Wraith Flame. The entire time after i was just like "oh god... what have i done! its a lime green wraith thing...."

Luckily I had a bottle of Citadel Technical paint "Soulstone Blue" which weirdly enough I realized "i used technical paint... which doesn't dry normally very thick... and my solution is to use MORE paint that doesn't dry thick to make a thick paint? am i mad?!" Answer yes, but the photographs show im not without some merit to my madness.

• By Mcfoltzy
      PAINTED THIS DRAGON FOR MY DM WANTED TO BREAK IT THOSE DANG WINGS JUST KICK MY BUTT . BUT THINK IT CAME OUT PRETTY GOOD 

• By zoroaster100
      I’m working on trying to get this big guy painted to tabletop standard by the time I have to use him at our next Pathfinder D&D session to represent the Roc King on Tilagos Island in the Demiplane of Last Resort, in the Age of Worms adventure path.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)